ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Replace Hourglass with Quote from text file

(1/3) > >>

skooter1121:
Occasionally when I load a large program or a huge data file  from a file server the omnipresent hourglass appears and spins away and away .....

IDEA:

HourGlassPane, or WaitData, or  LoadInfo or IdleWhile:

A program that displays as a tooltip or message box a line from a text file instead. A text file containing a  quote, joke, reminder, any little tidbit of information.  It shouldn't slowdown the loading but just replace the hourglass only when it is on the screen, with the ability to click on it to freeze the display.

Coeluh:
Occasionally when I load a large program or a huge data file  from a file server the omnipresent hourglass appears and spins away and away .....

IDEA:

HourGlassPane, or WaitData, or  LoadInfo or IdleWhile:

A program that displays as a tooltip or message box a line from a text file instead. A text file containing a  quote, joke, reminder, any little tidbit of information.  It shouldn't slowdown the loading but just replace the hourglass only when it is on the screen, with the ability to click on it to freeze the display.
-skooter1121 (April 20, 2009, 09:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
How would you click on a tooltip that is following your mouse?

skooter1121:
The ckickable feature : (not necessarily ON the tooltip itself), with a right mouse button, or key command could freeze the note so you could read it, if you so wished, Otherwise it would disappear as normal and load the application.

I just thought a program such as this that could be providing some kind of information while the hourglass was working could be useful. Anything would be better than the mindless WAIT icon.

Don't you think so?

Coeluh:
The ckickable feature : (not necessarily ON the tooltip itself), with a right mouse button, or key command could freeze the note so you could read it, if you so wished, Otherwise it would disappear as normal and load the application.

I just thought a program such as this that could be providing some kind of information while the hourglass was working could be useful. Anything would be better than the mindless WAIT icon.

Don't you think so?
-skooter1121 (April 21, 2009, 05:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah that would be cool! I think it shouldn't be that hard to do. Random quotes, funny facts, system information like cpu usage...

rjbull:
Reminds me of an old tagline.  "Windows loading.  Come back tomorrow." 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version