ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Sync your Nokia Phone via PC (USB) to Google Calendar

(1/1)

Coeluh:
I want to be able to sync my Nokia calendar to google calendar, but that is not possible yet. You have to first sync to outlook and then to calendar or do it via mobile services which are too expensive for me.

lanux128:
you didn't mention your Nokia model but you can try this: GCalSync.

GCalSync is an open source application that lets you do a two-way synchronization between Google Calendar and your phone's built-in calendar. Download events to your phone, or add an event on your phone and upload it to Google Calendar. -website
--- End quote ---

lanux128:
re-reading the title, i realize that you want to bypass the whole GPRS/WiFi/3G connection mode and use good ol' USB cable. if you want to use your PC, then you have to use the method you mentioned but you can swap outlook with an email client that uses ical-compatible calendar. e.g. Mozilla Thunderbird (with Lightning add-on) or Mozilla Sunbird.

on another note, if you're using Sony Ericsson, then i can recommend MyPhoneExplorer, which has an option to sync to Google calendar.

Organizer with calendarview and direct sync to Outlook, Sunbird, Thunderbird, Windows calendar(Vista), Rainlendar, Lotus Notes, Google, Tobit David and net shared calendars (WebDAV, FTP, local)-website
--- End quote ---

Coeluh:
re-reading the title, i realize that you want to bypass the whole GPRS/WiFi/3G connection mode and use good ol' USB cable. if you want to use your PC, then you have to use the method you mentioned but you can swap outlook with an email client that uses ical-compatible calendar. e.g. Mozilla Thunderbird (with Lightning add-on) or Mozilla Sunbird.

on another note, if you're using Sony Ericsson, then i can recommend MyPhoneExplorer, which has an option to sync to Google calendar.

Organizer with calendarview and direct sync to Outlook, Sunbird, Thunderbird, Windows calendar(Vista), Rainlendar, Lotus Notes, Google, Tobit David and net shared calendars (WebDAV, FTP, local)-website
--- End quote ---
-lanux128 (April 21, 2009, 10:03 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the reply, but I do not want to use more than 1 app to sync to google calendar, because I already can do that via outlook.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version