topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 10:37 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: BinCalc - Very nice binary and mixed numerical system calculator  (Read 3657 times)

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I was looking for a simple calculator that can do binary calculations. This one turns out to be very simple and feature rich. I know there are alot of advance calculators out there but none looked like binary centric.

Btw it supports basic argument passing so you can pass arguments to this .exe easily. I will make an alias for Farr.

http://bincalc.googlepages.com/
"
Megatops BinCalc is a pure Int32 calculator designed for developers. It provides you a effective way to perform binary calculations or making base conversions.

BinCalc is FREE, and it looks very different to the other calculators. When I was staring the BinCalc project, I just want to design a UI cool enough to scare the binary "muggles" and avoid them touching it -- it is only for developers.
"
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 12:16 AM by kartal »

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: BinCalc - Very nice binary and mixed numerical system calculator
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 01:09 AM »
I came across this just a few weeks ago (didn't think to pass on the info - for some reason it never crossed my mind that others here would find it useful).

The line of 'bit boxes' is a brilliant addition to a programming calculator. This is the first time I've found a calculator that makes binary calculations feasible.

It's like having the old front-panel switches & lights from the early days of computers (back in college we wrote a simple bootloader for the PDP/11 that had to be fed into the computer using front-panel switches).

All around, this is the best programmer's calculator I've used. Thanks for posting about it.