ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Total Commander v7.50 Public Beta 1

(1/2) > >>

Innuendo:
The first public beta of one of the most anticipated releases of Total Commander is finally here. There are more new features than I could ever list in this post, but highlights include:

* Full Unicode support in most functions where it is possible, including FTP, ZIP packer, and plugin interfaces
    * Support for file names longer than 259 characters (up to 1022) in most file operations
    * Compare by content allows to compare text files of different type, e.g. Ansi and UTF-8
    * The current directory above the file lists can act as a clickable bar ("breadcrumb bar")
    * Option to show *.bar file in button bar as a popup menu instead of switching bars
    * Show icons and subfolders in ftp connection dialog
    * Protect the stored ftp passwords with a master password using AES256 encryption
    * FTP, PORT mode: Allow to specify external IP address of the Internet router
    * Start Lister, compare by content or synchronize dirs directly via command line parameters
    * Comments (Ctrl+Z) can now have a max. length of 4095 characters, and support line breaks
    * Synchronize dirs: Option to synchronize also empty directories, option to copy just specific file properties (like the time)
    * Create CRC checksums now also supports the SHA1 hash format
    * Allow to use the Windows key for user-defined hotkeys
    * On 64-bit Windows, allow to use 64-bit shell extensions in local menu (context menu)
    * New internal command cm_SwitchX64Redirection to turn redirection of system32 dir under 64-bit Windows on/off
    * Internal unpacking of multi-part RAR archives, and RAR archives where the file names are encrypted
    * Copy files/directories to multiple target directories (or lnk files pointing to directories) in one operation
    * Quick search with search dialog: Show button which allows to show only files/dirs matching the filter
    * Switch character encodings in Lister
    * New internal association system, e.g. for using Total Commander from an USB stick
    * See history.txt for all additions and fixes

Out of respect for the author I'll only link to his page of authorized mirrors:

http://www.ghisler.com/750beta.htm

Now if we could just get Mouser to get us all a juicy discount.  :D

fenixproductions:
2Innuendo
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=17925.0

tomos:
and,
not wanting to rub salt in (honestly! - I'm happy to see loads of requests for Total Commander discounts :Thmbsup:)
Total Commander discount?

Innuendo:
fenixproductions, sorry I missed your mini-review. It didn't occur to me that someone would have jumped on doing one already. You did an excellent job, too.

tomos, if you look I already voiced support in that thread days ago supporting a request for a discount. I just wish there were more requests for a discount and to hear something from someone that a discount is being worked on/negotiated.

tomos:
tomos, if you look I already voiced support in that thread days ago supporting a request for a discount.-Innuendo (April 19, 2009, 10:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ooups, sorry Innuendo!

re getting discounts, AFAIK the problem is that no-one is really running that section at the moment..
If anyone was willing to take the initiative and contact Total Commander's author, I'm sure mouser would take it from there (if a discount were offered)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version