ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Total Commander v7.50 Public Beta 1

<< < (2/2)

fenixproductions:
2tomos
I've sent an e-mail to author few days ago and still waiting for reply but we have to be patient. New TC has been announced and he surely is overloaded because of that.

2Innuendo
No wonder you've missed it. I posted this review about half hour after official announcement. No one could expect to have it so quick :)

tomos:
2tomos
I've sent an e-mail to author few days ago
-fenixproductions (April 20, 2009, 07:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

well that's great :up:

Innuendo:
fenixproductions,
First of all, thank you for taking the initiative to email Christian (TC's author in case someone reading this doesn't know) regarding a discount. He's a one-man show over there so while it does always take him some time to reply it's always been my experience that he always does reply. He's very fair-minded and he'll even change his mind on something he's dead-set against if you can convince him to see the benefit in your side of the argument. I think my "constant thorn in his side" diatribe on the benefits of going to a tabbed interface for TC was what finally pushed him over the edge and decide to implement it after months of him saying he saw no benefit in implementing that feature.

That singular instance on his forum impressed me. Here was a guy who wasn't even a paying customer arguing for something that was proclaimed to be against TC's design and declared to be a useless feature. Not only did he respect my words by not dismissing me out of hand because he was vehemently was against this as stated to countless others before me, but after I finished he told me that I had a good point in that the examples I outlined that would make tabs useful made sense to him & that he would look into putting tabs into TC.

A lot of software authors might say that just to get someone off the subject, but he not only looked into it, but he implemented it. Wow....most authors won't even listen to a product suggestion unless you can prove you're a paying customer first. Christian is a class act.

Sorry, but I digressed from my train of thought. I said first of all up there...so secondly, fenixproductions, I wanted to re-iterate what a great job you did on your mini-review. That you were able to assemble it all in 30 minutes is all the more impressive. I hope in the future when the time comes for a full-blown review it is you who steps up to the plate to make it happen. It's obvious from your words that you are very knowledgeable about TC's inner workings which I think would be an essential quality in the reviewer as to take full advantage of TC one must know the ways of the ini files mojo. A reviewer who didn't cover that would be leaving a lot of TC's power and customization undiscussed.

For that matter, I do hope you would consider sharing with us some of your tips, setups, and customizations of TC. While I have used TC for years it's the one program that I have always felt whose power has mostly gone untapped on my system because I haven't sat down with it long enough to delve into all the esoteric options in the ini files. I'd love to see a thread called "Fenixproduction's Total Commander for Dummies".

fenixproductions:
2Innuendo
Thank you for your kind words but these are unearned because I was beta tester so it was not "half hour of work".

I must admit: I am addicted to TC so it's not hard to participate in official board and help other people. I've always thought this file manager suits me the best and put a lot of effort to learn it. Well, I've even implemented few plugins :)

About "TC for dummies". I was thinking about it few times but it always ended up with abandoning it. I have simply too much ideas to keep with one only.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version