ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend to me the BEST USB stick to get

<< < (15/19) > >>

ayryq:
Well, my 8Gb Pico-C (the one I mentioned above, that doesn't fit in most slots) just failed. I've got an RMA and will be sending it back to SuperTalent. I've replaced it with a PNY Mini Attaché. Physically it seems fine, but Windows now asks to format it, and then can't. Reminds me of when floppy disks used to fail, back in the day.

Maybe they'll send me a new one that fits, since most people seem to be very happy with them.

MilesAhead:
Seems to be a crap shoot.  Trouble is it's impossible to tell from the outside how well connected the stuff is on the inside. If we're at the floppy disk stage, it must be those 5 1/4" paper floppies!! :)

superboyac:
It's been several months since getting my pico-C USB drive.  I have to make a special mention of how happy I am with it.  This thing is very indestructible.  It's capless design, no moving parts to remove/attach, and it's ultra-small size makes it just the perfect thing I could have hoped for.  I love this thing.  If I find the time, i will make a special post for it on my website. 

I'm also close to filling it up.  I may have to upgrade to the 16GB version soon.  I highly recommend this drive to anyone looking for a USB drive.  The only people who shouldn't consider it are those who think that it is TOO small, and I know some of you are like that.  However, for me, the smaller the better.  I don't need extra bulk in my pocket.  You may find smaller drives out there, but they will not be as well made as this one, as mouser discovered with the plastic one he got.

It's also a great conversation piece.  One of my coworkers was fascinated by it.  He got one himself, and says people always ask him about it.  I love it when companies get things SO right.

f0dder:
superboyac: how fast is the pico-c, though? speed is quite an important thing for me wrt. flash memory devices - throughput as well as random access time.

Josh:
If anyone is still looking, I have two OCZ Rally2 8GB Flash drives. I cannot recommend these enough. They are quick and very durable. They are not totally ruggedized like the corsair shock resistant models, but they are tougher than most low cost USB Memory sticks. 5 out of 5 cody's recommend this product ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version