ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend to me the BEST USB stick to get

<< < (12/19) > >>

bcpaladin:
I'm with sgtevmckay on this one.  I've had the OCZ DIESEL 16GB for about 3 months now.  It's small, has a no slip exterior, and the cap shows no signs of becoming worn to the point of coming off on its own.  It's fast too.  This is the drive I use for work so its been tested pretty hard.

4wd:
While trawling the net looking at SSDs I happened across this flash drive:  OCZ Throttle eSATA Flash Drive

For eSATA:
90MB/s - Read
30MB/s - Write

And a USB interface if the host PC doesn't have an eSATA port.

The 16GB version is available at Newegg for $52.

Now we're getting to some realistic speeds  :D

f0dder:
4wd: cute - are there any reliable & thorough reviews of it, though? I'm a bit skeptical wrt. the relatively high speeds and affordable price.

superboyac:
While trawling the net looking at SSDs I happened across this flash drive:  OCZ Throttle eSATA Flash Drive

For eSATA:
90MB/s - Read
30MB/s - Write

And a USB interface if the host PC doesn't have an eSATA port.

The 16GB version is available at Newegg for $52.

Now we're getting to some realistic speeds  :D
-4wd (May 02, 2009, 06:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
The actual OCZ Throttle speed review was done here, but I think they only tested it with the USB connection.  Either way, i doubt even esata actually achieves those speeds.

f0dder:
Perhaps I'm dull, but I can't find the Throttle in the tested drives on that link? Anyway, USB2 would impose a max limit of "somewhat less than 60MB/s" because of the protocol. If the drive claims to 90MB/s but doesn't come close to 60MB/s with USB2, I sincerely doubt that eSATA helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version