ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend to me the BEST USB stick to get

<< < (11/19) > >>

ShihanWushu:
I've had my Sandisk Titanium for quite a while and I use it several times every day. So far no problems. Earlier I had Sandisk with plastic cover. That one didn't last long.

MilesAhead:
I've had my Sandisk Titanium for quite a while and I use it several times every day. So far no problems. Earlier I had Sandisk with plastic cover. That one didn't last long.

-ShihanWushu (April 22, 2009, 08:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, it's tough to judge.  I hate to do trial and error when they start getting to be > $20.  The AData 2 GB I mentioned seems like the flimsiest thing imaginable but maybe I got a good one.  The little snap on cap actually snaps and doesn't fall off.  Maybe that's how you tell on that model. :)  Guess I'm doomed to buy some since all the PCs have 0 floppy disk these days, so it's the only way you can do those little emergency utility gizmos.

I ordered another of those ADatas with the rubberized bodies.  8 GB this time.  Bought it on NewEgg for $19 shipped.  Hope it's as good as the 4 GB I bought earlier.

40hz:
Maximum PC just did a write up on an extremely small USB stick that measures 19x15x6mm (that's tiny!) with 15mbs read and 6mbs write speeds. The 8GB version retails for  $33 USD and the 4GB version goes for $22 USD.

At those prices they seem almost too good to pass up. I just ordered a half-dozen.

Maximum PC article here: http://usb.brando.com.hk/eagletec-usb-nano-flash-drive_p00892c041d15.html

Order at this link: http://usb.brando.com.hk/eagletec-usb-nano-flash-drive_p00892c041d15.html

DDRAMbo:
Flash memory kit at Newegg for $23:
here
The actual memory component is very small, about as small as possible, and ported in the larger part you see with the lanyard attached. The lanyard is actually attached to the memory holder itself by a small ring of plastic which broke off of mine along with another small piece of plastic. What's left is in the picture below. That is essentially the memory adapter which you plug the 8GB micro-flash into. So on the up-side, it's very small and you can plug any size micro-memory chip into it. On the downside, this specific design failed after a short while due to lots of use. I now have to figure out how to make it able to attach to my keyring again and I'm good to go. By the way, this is very fast, with speeds of over 10 MB/s typical; faster than my 8GB Corsair Voyager at around 8 MB/s. That thing will last forever though.

MilesAhead:
I just wish they'd make these things as rugged as a ballpoint pen. Can't cost that much to go 1 mil thicker on the plastic can it?  Jeez!! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version