topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:36 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: ScreenshotCaptor logo and watermarking  (Read 4146 times)

joby_toss

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
ScreenshotCaptor logo and watermarking
« on: April 18, 2009, 06:35 AM »
Hello guys!
This topic is a follow up of my previous post here.

Regarding my first question: I could not find (yet) any free watermarking software (that suits my needs) that could be invoked from the command line. I am temporarily using FastStone Photo Resizer as it is freeware, portable, supports batch operations and can add watermarks as well as texts on the screenshots. There are some inconveniences but this is the best solution I could find until now (or until SC will support auto-watermarking :) ).

As for my second question there (this is also the reason I made a separate topic): I managed to play a bit with a logo creator and Paint.Net and I've come up with the following logo for ScreenshotCaptor:
SClogo

I am not happy with my result as it seems a bit too crowded with information, but my knowledge does not allow me to achieve a better one using only few objects. If someone here could make a better logo that indicates immediately that it is about ScreenshotCaptor and Mouser it would be great.

Here is how the end results looks like in my case:
example
I am a 3D body trapping a single dimension soul.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 12:13 PM by joby_toss »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: ScreenshotCaptor logo and watermarking
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 11:36 AM »
Hi joby!
how fun!  :Thmbsup:

some thoughts:
  • you are probably right about it being a little bit busy -- if only because a watermark should probably be mostly invisible and not distract from the main image.
  • my name can be removed from any watermark, so that's one thing that can be removed
  • your logo did give me an idea that perhaps we should come up with a logo that is mostly recognizable as a DonationCoder generic logo that could be used for different programs.. like a picture of Cody the bird masot, but which could be customized for a particular program or person..

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: ScreenshotCaptor logo and watermarking
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 12:14 PM »
@joby_toss

Check out Fast Watermark. Freeware, small and portable but has an annoying splash screen that I do not know how to disable (add some code to the .ini file, maybe?). Main Features:
- creation of watermarks;
- rotate watermarks for photos;
- creation of thumbnails;
- moves watermarks on image by mouse;
- supports transparency of watermarks;
- make watermarks more detailed for better protection;
- supports JPG, BMP, PNG, PDF for watermarks;
- pack your pictures into the PDF format for better protection.

fast-watermark.jpg

*oops, does not do image watermarks.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 12:19 PM by PhilB66 »