ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Geek gadgets - Calculators...

<< < (6/10) > >>

phitsc:
I also have a 48gx now - awesome grapher but SLOW!
-Darwin (November 19, 2009, 03:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
Indeed! The time I bought it, that was about 1993, that was a Killer Machine though.

Stoic Joker:
I find it scary that kids today are ENCOURAGED to use a graphing calculator in calculus and physics classes in high school. Granted, they're not allowed to use them on exams, but why encourage them in the first place? If you don't understand what you are doing and why, what value is there in arriving at the correct answer quickly? I'm getting old...
-Darwin (May 19, 2009, 01:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's just the down-side of our "Results Driven" society (All Hail the Laued "Rain Maker") as long as you can produce huge stacks of cash...it doesn't matter to the head office how many people were screwed or killed.

(I'm getting old too...)

Darwin:
Crap! Now I'm fixated on slide rules (in addition to calculators).

My Kingdom for a Dietzgen N1725 and a Faber-Castell 2/83  :P

app103:
I must come from a different world than you guys because this is my idea of a nice calculator.  :-*

It might also explain why I hate the Windows calculator and its lack of history tape, and opt for this impossible to find ancient piece of software, instead:

Geek gadgets - Calculators...

Edvard:
App, I've got like 3 of those kinds of calculators hanging around my house (somewhere), and a small paint bucket full of brand-new ribbons for them all.  :-*

I also have a Casio CFX-9800G color graphing calculator that I wrote an RC filter program on when I first started experimenting with fuzz boxes.
Army green and still works like a champ!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version