ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to duplicate a file in the same folder?

<< < (9/19) > >>

PhilB66:
Yes, it does, but what if I want several duplicates? Is it possible to both stamp and number the files?
-PhilB66 (April 17, 2009, 12:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Date - Time??
-Perry Mowbray (April 17, 2009, 01:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, that would be great. Also, could you add a path to icon in the script so I could add an icon and compile it.
-PhilB66 (April 17, 2009, 03:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Also, could you add a "Duplicate to" feature (similar to "Copy to" and "Move to" functionality)?

cranioscopical:
OK, I think I may have worked it out
it's a very minor change, but try it and let me know
-Target (April 22, 2009, 11:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nada.
-PhilB66 (April 23, 2009, 03:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
Here's my experience:

* Launch from desktop shortcut
* Wait a bit (this is a technical term, don't worry if it's hard to grasp)
* Nothing visible -- it's running
* Open an explorer window -- drop target appears
* F-12'd to set 15 copies
* Dragged file from explorer window to drop target -- 15 copies created
* Drop target invisible when explorer window loses focus or closed
* Drop target visible when explorer window launched or gains focus
* Can't move drop target around -- bounces back to start position (does anyone care about that?)
* Drop target not 'on top' (does anyone care about that, either?)
* Ctrl-Alt-x'd into oblivionDo these bunnies have bugs?

Getting closer!

Anyone have a utility to expunge 15 unwanted copies?  ;D

PhilB66:
Whoa.

Thanks for this cranioscopical. I can now confirm that the bunnies been reproducing like crazies...

Win+V doesn't work though.

cranioscopical:
Win+V doesn't work though.
--- End quote ---

For testing I changed the key to alt-V:
line 82 of script from $#V:: to $!V::
(I have no Windows key on my Northgate keyboards.)
That works fine for my test.

Method was:

* launch Popogator
* F-12 to set the number of desired instances
* In explorer, select a file and either Ctrl-C it or context-menu copy it
* Hit alt-V (or Winkey+V if you don't need to change the script)
* Instant replication of file to the value set by F-12.
I know it's a hare-brained scheme but...

Target:
Window Spy screenshot:
 (see attachment in previous post)
-PhilB66 (April 23, 2009, 03:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

What OS?  I assume it's Vista, and unfortunately I only have XP to work with so there could be other gotcha's like this.  I've updated the script to include the extra class, but you'll need to test it for me...

Also, could you add a "Duplicate to" feature (similar to "Copy to" and "Move to" functionality)?-PhilB66 (April 23, 2009, 03:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

I knew someone was going to ask for this...

I suppose I could, but how would you access this functionality? maybe different hotkeys, eg WIN+SHIFT+V to copy, WIN+CTRL+V to move...

* Drop target invisible when explorer window loses focus or closed, and visible when explorer window launched or gains focus
* Can't move drop target around -- bounces back to start position (does anyone care about that?)
* Drop target not 'on top' (does anyone care about that, either?)-cranioscopical (April 23, 2009, 07:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

* the drop target window is destroyed whenever explorer is inactive, and recreated each time it is (active, that is...).  I did it this way to avoid have stray windows floating around (seemed perfectly logical to me, but what do I know :huh:)
* Is this something you would like to be able to do?  I wondered about moving the drop target - logically it didn't seem to matter where it was so long as it wasn't over anything critical (and it's translucent anyway), and given that it will self destruct as soon as you click on it, that doesn't seem like too big an issue either.  I just thought about this a bit more and wondered whether or not some sort of pause functionality might be useful (not sure why, but maybe you guys have an idea)
* not sure what you mean by 'not on top' - it is set to be 'on top', just not active (remember, if the focus goes away from the explorer window the drop target self destructs)
keep the feedback coming and we'll get there

launch Popogator-cranioscopical (April 23, 2009, 10:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

don't know about hare brained, but I think I can see where some of your problems are coming from...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version