ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to duplicate a file in the same folder?

<< < (8/19) > >>

Target:
can you guys run the attached window spy for me and tell what the AHK class is for your versions of explorer please

[attachthumb=#2][/attachthumb]

at the moment it's set up to run with "ExploreWClass" and this works on all the PC's I've tried it on (all XP SP2 machines)

If your explorer window isn't active, or it doesn't match the above, then nothing will happen

cranioscopical:
can you guys run the attached window spy for me and tell what the AHK class is for your versions of explorer please
 (see attachment in previous post)
at the moment it's set up to run with "ExploreWClass" and this works on all the PC's I've tried it on (all XP SP2 machines)
-Target (April 22, 2009, 08:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah!  Here's the thing. I dumped the Propagator into a temp folder and stuck a shortcut onto my desktop:
>>>>>>>>>>( Window Title & Class )<<<<<<<<<<<
Program Manager
ahk_class Progman

So, having read this, I launched explorer and navigated with it to the temp folder and fired off the ahk script from there:
>>>>>>>>>>( Window Title & Class )<<<<<<<<<<<
F:\RAM\Props
ahk_class ExploreWClass

Et voila, procreating bunnies!

Apologies for the unwarrented failure but now I'm lapin it up.

So, make it work from a shortcut?

Target:
well, that's rather bizarre - duplicated your methodology and it's working, but it's a bit spotty

it appears to intermittently fail to detect the explorer window, or it does (there is a momentary flash of the drop target) but loses it again almost immediately

I'll have a bit a game and see if I can work it out (thanks for the feedback!!)

Target:
OK, I think I may have worked it out

it's a very minor change, but try it and let me know

PhilB66:
OK, I think I may have worked it out

it's a very minor change, but try it and let me know

-Target (April 22, 2009, 11:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nada.

Window Spy screenshot:

Navigation

[0] Message Index