ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to duplicate a file in the same folder?

<< < (6/19) > >>

Grorgy:
I was just playing with lopesoft's file menu tools, and it has an option to duplicate files in same folder

Duplicate Files    files of any type and folders    Creates a new copy of the selected elements in the current folder.
--- End quote ---

http://www.lopesoft.com/en/index.html

It has a lot of other stuff you may not want to, but...

PhilB66:
Trying to run ThePropagator.exe results in an error message

The script doesn't do a thing either.

BTW, I was trying to run another script of yours, MaimThatFile.ahk, and got this error message:

I have installed the latest version of Autohotkey but that did not make any difference.

cranioscopical:
The script doesn't do a thing either.
BTW, I was trying to run another script of yours, MaimThatFile.ahk, and got this error message:
--- End quote ---
That Target guy sure has a weird sense of humour!

Target:
dunno what's happening there, though I was on the bus when I compiled it - I've recompiled it, tested it, tested it again, and re-attached it fyi

my bad with maim that file - the icon was in the previous attachments (which I've removed - the last post wasn't an update, only a check to make sure chris was using the same version as me).  I've attached a zipped bundle and a compiled version, so have another go and let me know how you get on

cranioscopical:
@Target
Haven't looked at this one before.
When I run it, neither a tray icon nor a 'drop box' appears.
I don't have a Win key to try so I'll look in the script later to change that.
Also, I use DirOpus so I'll have to revert to hExplorer, in order to jinx my system sufficiently.
At the moment I'm having to work for a crust... that'll be the fifth day this month!
Since usually (when I do so) I do this from home, I don't have long leisurely bus rides during which to play with software.

@PhilB66
MaimThatFile works just fine for me.
I was unable to make one version work, until I deleted every single thing related to it and started from scratch with the latest variant.
Perhaps that will help in your case, also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version