ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to duplicate a file in the same folder?

<< < (5/19) > >>

CleverCat:
The bunnies are perfect for the programme!  ;D

Target:
I did see the "dropzone" area the first time I ran The Propogator, but it was flickering like hell. Dropping a file on the "Target" did the job, but Winkey + V and F12 did not do a thing. Also, when The Propogator is running, I cannot move windows around. Alt+Ctrl+X works fine.

Now, nothing is happenig. I mean, the script is running, but that's about it.

-PhilB66 (April 18, 2009, 09:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

that's interesting - works fine on my (work) laptop, though the drop zone image wouldn't render on my desktop at home (both are XP SP2).

Sadly i don't have access to a dual screen setup for testing (just in case this has any relevance)

I'll go through it again though, and incorporate your graphic for the drop zone (graphics is not one of my strong points...)

Target:
updated - I'd made some (STUPID!!) spelling mistakes

At this stage I think it will only work on your primary monitor - I need to do some more study if it's going to work across multiple monitors

EDIT: redundant attachments deleted

cmpm:
This can do what you want possibly.
It worked for me anyway.
Free to use for how long it does not say.
It claims to be shareware, but I don't see any limits.
The other one I found was FileMaker Pro-not free.

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/software/cept

http://www.creativelement.com/powertools/

Adds commands for right clicking a file.
There's more then 1 command to choose from after this installs.

'Power Rename' is the one I used to duplicate a file in the same folder with a time stamp.

Target:
another update as I was playing with it this morning and noticed the compiled version wasn't playing to the rules

took me a while to realise that the window titles were changing when I compiled the script (DOH!!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version