ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to duplicate a file in the same folder?

<< < (3/19) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
I've also attached a compiled version that you can put into your "Send To" directory.

Does that do it?
-Perry Mowbray (April 16, 2009, 10:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, it does, but what if I want several duplicates? Is it possible to both stamp and number the files?

Also, I much prefer a drag and drop method where I could process multiple files at once, if possible.
-PhilB66 (April 17, 2009, 12:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well it can do anything you want it to  :)

I only added date as that was what you had in your screenshot.

You can drag multiple files onto the compiled version (or a shortcut to the exe). If you put it into your Send To directory you can multi-select too.

I'm happy to make a change to the script: just tell me what you want tagged on the end

Perry Mowbray:
Yes, it does, but what if I want several duplicates? Is it possible to both stamp and number the files?
--- End quote ---

Date - Time??

PhilB66:
--- End quote ---

Date - Time??
-Perry Mowbray (April 17, 2009, 01:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, that would be great. Also, could you add a path to icon in the script so I could add an icon and compile it.

Target:
try this - The Propogator

creates copies of copied files within the same folder - files can be copied using the keyboard (CTRL+C) or drag and drop (onto the drop target).  User can select the number of iterations (F12 to bring up the dialog)

File name format is FILENAME_YYYY-MM-DD_ITERATION (ie file test.txt would become TEST_2009-04-18_1.txt.  The iteration increases for each successive copy)

to use the keyboard I went with WIN+V instead of CTRL+V - this is close enough to be usable, but avoids any potential issues with other copy/paste operations

and it ONLY works with windows explorer at the moment

I've also written it so there's no icons so it shouldn't get in the way (it's effectively invisible so if you put in your startup directory it'll run in the background)

let me know how it goes   

EDIT: removed old attachments

cranioscopical:
If you shore a door shouldn't you prop a gate?  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version