ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to duplicate a file in the same folder?

<< < (2/19) > >>

PhilB66:
Windows Explorer  :)

Target:
thanks, I'll have a game..

Perry Mowbray:
Thanks Target, but that will will rename the duplicate file to "Copy of ..." the source file. I guess I was not very clear about what I am looking for... Anyway, here's a screenshot:
 (see attachment in previous post)
What I want is to drop a file in a folder and get an option to duplicate the file, so I get something like this:
 (see attachment in previous post)
-PhilB66 (April 16, 2009, 09:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hope I'm not butting in, but this can be sort of done with any script, here's an AHK:

--- Code: AutoIt ---; Script to duplicate a file with current datedateString := A_YYYY . "-" . A_MM . "-" . A_DDLoop %0%  ; For each parameter (or file dropped onto a script):{    SourcePath := %A_Index%  ; Fetch the contents of the variable whose name is contained in A_Index.    SplitPath, SourcePath, OutFileName, OutDir, OutExtension, OutNameNoExt, OutDrive    DestinationPath := OutDir . "\" . OutNameNoExt . "_" . dateString . "." . OutExtension        FileCopy, %SourcePath%, %DestinationPath%, 1}
I've also attached a compiled version that you can put into your "Send To" directory.

Does that do it?

PhilB66:
Hope I'm not butting in
-Perry Mowbray (April 16, 2009, 10:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not at all. Appreciate your help, but still waiting to see what Target has in store (no pun intended).

I've also attached a compiled version that you can put into your "Send To" directory.

Does that do it?
-Perry Mowbray (April 16, 2009, 10:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, it does, but what if I want several duplicates? Is it possible to both stamp and number the files?

Also, I much prefer a drag and drop method where I could process multiple files at once, if possible.

Thanks again for your help.

Target:
still waiting to see what Target has in store
--- End quote ---
me too...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version