I will soon be configuring a netbook, a Samsung NC10, running XP SP3 Home, and I am wondering which solution to use for backup/recovery. I have to take into account that this machine has no CD/DVD reader. Even if I could use an external CD/DVD recorder with USB, I would prefer a solution where it is not necessary. I guess the system will come with 2 partitions, System & Data, plus probably a proprietary recovery system. I would like to have a system that can withstand user error (user would be ... myself).
So far, I have identified these solutions:
- FD-ISR (full version, not the cut-down currently sold by HDS)
- R-TT drive image which has a CD-less recovery boot system
- Drive Clone Pro 6 which install a non standard MBR and can reboot in Win PE environment
- Paragon Drive Backup 9 Personal which allows to use a usb key as bootable recovery medium
- Image for Windows v2 which also supports usb key as bootable recovery medium
I'd like to know which solution you would recommend in this CD-less configuration, either from this list or from another.