ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gothic's New Blog on Server Administration and a cool console-y wordpress theme

(1/4) > >>

mouser:
Everyone here knows John S. (aka Gothi[c]) who does such an amazing job admistering the donationcoder servers (both the main server and the newly upgraded member server).

Well he's finally been convinced to start a blog (sorry! i meant "web log") talking about server administration issues.  It's pretty hairy stuff but makes for great reading.  Since he's a bit reluctant to toot his own horn I'm here to let you all know about it.

Of course those of us who know John know that he's never content to just use something as he finds it.  Naturally then he decided to create a unique wordpress theme that bears an uncanny resemblance to an old fashioned green text terminal.  It's a very cool effect, and one of the more unique Wordpress themes i've seen.  And of course knowing John you already know that he made the theme available for download under the GPL on the blog, so you can go get it there.

http://ramblings.linkerror.com/

Gothi[c]:
Well he's finally been convinced

--- End quote ---

More like, pushed nagged, prodded, poked and shoved into compliance by mouser :lol: He gives me too much credit. :)

The theme has had some minor changes since the tarball I uploaded there. I'll just create a section for it on linkerror.com where updates can be grabbed from.
It's a very minimal theme though. I got rid of many if not most wordpress features because they would be too crowding or not needed.

nudone:
very clever idea for a theme. top marks there.

(i shall have proper read through the web log later.)

Josh:
Cool! Almost as clever as the website design I just had developed for my wife! Good job Goth!

40hz:
Love the look.  :-*  Reminds me a bit of the theme used at this website:

http://retro.kerrywebster.com/

I like what you've done much better.

I always wanted to theme a a hardcore tech website with this sort of look. But the, um....reaction I got from everybody I showed the mock-ups to convinced me that maybe I'd better not.

Thanks for letting me live vicariously through your blog's theme John S.! ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version