ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

P2CheckSum - Another free utility from P2Labs!

(1/7) > >>

P2Labs:
Greetings everyone!
Yes, we've been busy! We have released P2CheckSum and we would love to hear constructive comments/feedback/anything...
               http://P2Labs.com

We publish the MD5 checksum of our files for download. How do you know their integrity hasn't been breached? Easy, use P2CheckSum and just drag and drop the file on it for the result. Full recursive handling means you can drag a folder and have P2CheckSum traverse it recursively amassing results for all the files. You can then copy it to clipboard for your own use. Publishers of software may find this handy as well.

Thanks in advance...

brotherS:
I recommend you edit your post and put the program name into the topic.

Personally, I never compared a single checksum to check if integrity has been breached (and I guess at least 99.99% of all users neither). I try to only download from reliable sources though.

P2Labs:
Thanks for the tip about the title...
 :)

40hz:
Personally, I never compared a single checksum to check if integrity has been breached (and I guess at least 99.99% of all users neither). I try to only download from reliable sources though.
-brotherS (April 14, 2009, 04:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think most people don't bother because they don't know how to use checksums or even what they're for. I nearly always check the MD5 if one is available. Much more public education is needed.

P2Labs:
Hmmmm.. sounds like to time for re-education...
 :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version