ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: See if a user is logged in

<< < (2/3) > >>

autohost:
Ouch!  Sorry, just slapped myself in the head for not seeing that one when I wrote the post.

You're absolutely right, that would be an easier way to do it -- have the app report its own status to a webpage.

autohost:
Looks like its VERY easy as an AHK script, sorry to insult everyone's intelligence by asking for so simple an app  8)

#NoTrayIcon
#SingleInstance ignore
#MaxMem 1
#NoEnv

; This script reports this computer as logged out

UrlDownloadToFile, http://univeristy.edu/map/report.php?station=%A_ComputerName%&status=no&pw=password,%A_MyDocuments%status

Something like the above.

cranioscopical:
Looks like its VERY easy as an AHK script, sorry to insult everyone's intelligence by asking for so simple an app-autohost
--- End quote ---

Didn't insult my intelligence (practically impossible to do).
Interested to read the thread and see what transpires.
Airing these kinds of things gives a lot of people the chance to pick up some ideas.

mouser:
sorry to insult everyone's intelligence by asking for so simple an app
--- End quote ---

to quote paraphrase the ancient wisdom of the movie War Games: "Sometimes the only way to win is not to play" -- it seems like this request led to one of those very useful discussions where one finds a simpler solution by talking about a problem with others.  so that's a win-win in my book.

Josh:
Mouser, if you are going to quote, DO IT RIGHT.

"A Strange game, the only winning move is not to play?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version