ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Tweenbots: A Social Experiment with Human-dependent Robots

(1/3) > >>

app103:
If you saw a little lost robot rolling down the street, would you help it reach its destination?

Kacie Kinzer wondered that, and built little robots to set loose in New Your City, to find out.

In New York, we are very occupied with getting from one place to another. I wondered: could a human-like object traverse sidewalks and streets along with us, and in so doing, create a narrative about our relationship to space and our willingness to interact with what we find in it? More importantly, how could our actions be seen within a larger context of human connection that emerges from the complexity of the city itself? To answer these questions, I built robots.

Tweenbots are human-dependent robots that navigate the city with the help of pedestrians they encounter. Rolling at a constant speed, in a straight line, Tweenbots have a destination displayed on a flag, and rely on people they meet to read this flag and to aim them in the right direction to reach their goal.
--- End quote ---

http://www.tweenbots.com/

mouser:
Great stuff..  :)

cranioscopical:
Tweenbots have a destination displayed on a flag, and rely on people they meet to read this flag and to aim them in the right direction to reach their goal. -app103 (April 12, 2009, 11:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hey! Were I able to obtain one of those flags I could go out again!

nudone:
Hey! Were I able to obtain one of those flags I could go out again!
-cranioscopical (April 12, 2009, 12:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D fantastic.

Deozaan:
Cute.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version