topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 3:42 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: FARR quits without error msg in Windows7 7077  (Read 4599 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
FARR quits without error msg in Windows7 7077
« on: April 10, 2009, 10:48 AM »
Sorry I can't provide more information. I'll use FARR, with no extra plugins, just DcUpdater. I don't notice any error. Then after awhile, I'll hit the break key and nothing.  Look in the tray and it's gone!!  No error msg.  This is in 32 bit W7 that recently came on the scene.

It's gonna' be tough to break(pun accidental) the habit of hitting that key when I want to open something.  I'll have the shakes soon I know!!!  :)

If I see anything that may provide any clues to what's going on I'll post.

(FARR v. 2.5302)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FARR quits without error msg in Windows7 7077
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 01:57 PM »
So far the only error msg has been DcUpdater crashing, apparently during an automatic check.  What makes it tough is when task tray apps go away the icon still sits there until you happen to mouse over.  With no error msg I can't get any idea why it's going south.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 04:53 PM »
Looks like i need to set up a windows7 virtual machine and do somet tests.. thanks for the reports and if you figure out any other clues please do let me know.  :up:

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 05:19 PM »
Looks like i need to set up a windows7 virtual machine and do somet tests.. thanks for the reports and if you figure out any other clues please do let me know.  :up:

Sure thing. I've been setting up a lot of apps but when I things plateau I'll mess with it for a bit. If I notice anything I'll post.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 11:56 AM »
Sorry I haven't been able to follow up on this yet. I found out that my 64 bit Vista machine as it stands now, requires an all night operation to restore a disk image, due to Raid Windows driver issue(Linux rescue CD doesn't work so well.)  So I'm working on getting an acceptable backup solution on that machine.  I'll mess with W7 and FARR when I can. :)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 05:39 PM »
I backed it off to v. 2.45.01 with no DcUpdater or Everything plugin.  Just running default FARR installation with autoupdate check disabled and it seems stable.. if that helps any. :)