ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

alternatives to firstDefense ISR

(1/3) > >>

urlwolf:
I own two licenses for firstDefense ISR.
Since I have moved to windows server 2008, they are not valid anymore; they ask for >$300 for a license.
I emailed support to see if I can upgrade. They didn't even bother answering.

Is there anything out there that does the same job, and doesn't cost a fortune for windows server?
Any alternative to take snapshots of your working install?

Thanks

J-Mac:
I own two licenses for firstDefense ISR.
Since I have moved to windows server 2008, they are not valid anymore; they ask for >$300 for a license.
I emailed support to see if I can upgrade. They didn't even bother answering.

Is there anything out there that does the same job, and doesn't cost a fortune for windows server?
Any alternative to take snapshots of your working install?

Thanks
-urlwolf (April 10, 2009, 02:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Horizon Data, right? I purchased FD ISR AND their alleged "Gold Support Plan". I never, ever received any response from them with support questions. A complete sham outfit. Personally I think the DC reviews for this product - which are very complimentary, and which also were written - I believe - when ISR was offered by a different developer should be revised to reflect the horrible nature of the current developer.

Sorry they got you too!

Jim

urlwolf:
damn it!

cthorpe:
I updated the disclaimer at the top of my review: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=7189.0

I am very sorry you got burned by Horizon Data.  Perhaps try contacting the developer rather than the reseller.  The official forum for Leapfrog Software can be found here: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84.  In particular, check out the links about Existing Customer Migration and new versions.  I do not know if you can take advantage of their offers as a Horizon Data customer, but it is worth a shot.

cranioscopical:
damn it!
-urlwolf (April 10, 2009, 03:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

A while back now I had some really great help from the following chap when I had FD-ISR problems after it changed hands:
From my records,
Todd Lear
Leapfrog Software, Inc.
[email protected]

It might be worth your trying to reach him.

Try this topic, also: advice needed.....FirstDefense-ISR, ShadowProtect, ShadowUser, Rollback Rx???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version