ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm Steaming About Steam

(1/4) > >>

tinjaw:
I'm to angry to post anything more right now. I'd probably get a law suite thrown at me.

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo angry with the @#%(#@$%&ers at Steam. I have been going back and forth with them for FOUR days, and they still have not addressed my issue. I asked a specific question and gave very specific replies and they have me off on some wild goose chase.

Just venting some steam now.

Has anybody had experience with Steam support? Good or Bad?

gexecuter:
From what i have heard they can have pretty crappy support but i wouldn't know personally. If you don't mind me asking what's your problem with Steam?

Crush:
I bought a game (the ship) that had a steam account at Ebay. I couldn´t use the registered game so the licence must be transferred somehow. The communication with the steam support was rather bad - I didn´t feel like getting real help there. The way to transfer the key to my account was so complicate that I asked the seller how this problem could be solved. He gave me without any comments his complete account together with some other game keys. This reaction shows that he also wasn´t very happy with steam. The system creates more problems to honest customers than any copy-protection in the past in the hope that only new games will be bought and private dealing with used games will be reduced to zero. This is not a fine way to treat gamers. After this experience I decided not to buy games "powered" by steam anymore.

Eóin:
While complaining about Steam, why is it that buying the physical and presumably more costly boxed game in a local store is easily about half the price you'd pay online?

This whole Steam business is the biggest swindle being forced on us by capitalists in a long time. There is no competition so games are being 'rented' to us at prices far in excess of anything we were paying before.

justice:
the only problem i have with the steam is the price but that's the publisher's fault i believe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version