ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA PC/Hard Drive Security Pre Boot

(1/2) > >>

joemcco:
I faintly recall something that I used on a system many years back "w95/w98" the Idea is to be challenged for a password during the boot process and if the wrong password is entered you boot. BUT if the Wrong password has been entered " a pre determined number of times" then the system will display the splash screen but is actually wiping the drive in the background.

Again many thanks to all who do what I cannot wait is that "Fortran!"

Joe

f0dder:
Wiping the harddrive is plain silly.

What you want is TrueCrypt. No need for disk wiping when you've got encryption :-*

joemcco:
Indeed I do agree and have that in place on a few of my laptops as well I have another app that I like "CE-Infosys" which also does entire drive encryption, but what if forced to provide password  :o I think something like this would be ideal or maybe its like loud exhaust on a car not really needed but nice to have.

skrommel:
 :) Try DoOrDel at www.1HourSoftware.com

But read the disclaimer!

Skrommel

joemcco:
Very cool and sounds close to what I was talking about, I'm going to have to try this on a test system to see how fast and destructive it is But thank you for the direction..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version