ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Start Menu Misbehaving (Or: Another Stupid Question From Daniel)

(1/3) > >>

siouxdax:
Hello folks:
Yet another stupid question from Daniel in Tulsa here. LOL. Ever since I re-installed XP I've noticed some somewhat strange behavior when arranging items within my Start Menu. Firstly, I do have it set to be able to drag-n-drop items. So here it goes: I was arranging icons within a nested folder in my Start Menu. Every time I moved the icon to its rightful place in the list the entire Start Menu collapses, forcing me to open it back up, navigate to the folder in question and repeat. Formerly I could drag-n-drop to my heart's content. It would be nice if the Start Menu folder in the users' "Documents & Settings" would allow for this, but, alas, it doesn't. Also, I do use Tidy Start Menu, but it doesn't allow for organizing the shortcuts in a desired order.

So (once again), any thoughts/suggestions?

I swear, once I can cough up the dough I'm making a substantial donation to DC. You all have been so kind and helpful.

PhilB66:
Did you check "Enable Dragging and Dropping" Option in your start menu properties?

Scratch that.

PhilB66:
Start, Run, type regsvr32 /i shell32.dll, and press OK and the same for this command regsvr32 ole32.dll (you may have to restart to see if that fix the problem.)

siouxdax:
PhilB66:
What exactly am I doing by running those lines? Should I backup first?

PhilB66:
Executing the commands will re-register shell32.dll and ole32.dll. You may backup but it's not really necessary as these dlls were installed with Windows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version