topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:17 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Cheap wireless calling plans in the States?  (Read 4633 times)

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Cheap wireless calling plans in the States?
« on: April 08, 2009, 07:26 PM »
Hi guys I am thinking to change my wireless calling-data plan, I definetely want a cheaper economy plan. At the moment I am using Att-palm data plan which cost me 67$ a month which is becoming too expensive for me. Does anyone know of any cheaper plan (from different carrier maybe)? I do not need to have a full data plan though, a simple email checking, 10-20 mb monthly would be more than enough from now on. I do not care about unlimited calling. I guess I do not even use my phone more than an hour a month.

the3seashells

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • "Is that what you call this?"
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Cheap wireless calling plans in the States?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 06:22 PM »
I would recommend Virgin Mobile https://www.virginmobileusa.com/ . I switched to them from ATT (I was also paying about $70 a month) and I now pay $35 a month for 200 anytime, 500 evenings and weekend (starting at 7) minutes, 1000 text messages, and 20 MB of data.

I've had very positive experiences with the customer service and I they were able to port my ATT number in about 30 minutes.

Virgin runs on the Sprint network, and I get good use out of my 3g Shuttle. It's sufficient phone, but not amazing - and that seems to be the consensus for all of their phones. I keep looking for a better deal, but have been unable to find anything that is even close to competitive with this. I've been happy with them for the past 8 months, but I don't have a contract with them so I could drop them at anytime.