ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Need some help here

<< < (2/5) > >>

Enzomaticus:
I find that if I type in utorr... it doesn't show up but uT.. pops it up immediately without even needing my aliases. As bgd77 said, it's a fantastic program and I couldn't live without it on my machine. When you get into aliases and other advanced uses it will save you so much time.

Coeluh:
aliases works great here with utorrent now.

Can I create some alias to search in a particular folder. I've these tv shows and sometimes i want an episode. so when i would type "family guy blue harvest" it would start searching in a specified folder. Is that possible?

nitrix-ud:
Can I create some alias to search in a particular folder. I've these tv shows and sometimes i want an episode. so when i would type "family guy blue harvest" it would start searching in a specified folder. Is that possible?
--- End quote ---

sorry i have no time to answer your question...
but here are some hints:

search folders optional keyword modifier (specify your folder there then add a keyword modifier : tvshow)
+
use dosearch command in an alias :
name of alias : tvshow
regex mask : ^tvshow (.*)
(Search tvshow $$1 | dosearch +tvshow $$1)

mouser:
What nitrix says is right, though his instructions may be too brief to be enough for you to figure it out.

I've been meaning to put up some video demos and tutorials but i've been really sick for the last couple of days and so i haven't been so productive lately.

To do what you want there is 1 mandatory step, and one optional step.

The mandatory step is to go create an entry in the Search Folders tab with the directory you want to sometimes search.  For that directory, specify an Optional Modifier keyword, like: tv

Once you do that, the tv directory will be searched (and only be searched) when you add +tv to your search, for example: "family guy +tv"

Now the second step comes in if you dont want to have to type +tv, you can do what nitrix says and create an alias to simulate this, by making an alias with a regular expression like ^tvshow (.*) and for the result of that specify dosearch +tv $$1

The creation of the alias is a bit contrived in this case since it doesnt save you much typing, but there are cases where it might be useful.

tomos:
hope you're feeling better mouser ...

I know next to nothing about how FARR works but wouldn't it make more sense to be able to type "+tv" first and then FARR would know where to start searching when you start typing -
otherwise it's searching all the time you're typing f-a-m-i-l-y- -g-u-y etc.

To me that's the big plus about FARR - that I dont have to type so much, but then I'm no typist ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version