ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Desktop progress meter

<< < (13/22) > >>

Scott_Y:
I placed barbecue.exe 1.0.3 in C:\Program Files (x86)\Barbecue\ and it automatically wrote meters.xml in C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Barbecue\

I did the same thing with 1.0.4 but it doesn't know anything about my existing meters.xml file, and generates the error message above when trying to save data. So obviously it doesn't refer to the user folder, but tries to write to the Program Folder location instead and gets blocked.

I then copied barbecue.exe and meters.xml to a folder on my data partition. It ran correctly, including opening the data file. So that works fine, but contrary to how Win7 expects it to be done.

Scott_Y:
Wishes for 1.0.4:

1. Provide a way to remove use of a due date. Currently, once a due date has been entered, there is no way to revert to showing no date, short of editing meters.xml.

2. Clicking on the pencil icon for a meter will always go to the Meters tab. Currently, it goes to the last open tab -- including the Options tab.

skwire:
I placed barbecue.exe 1.0.3 in C:\Program Files (x86)\Barbecue\ and it automatically wrote meters.xml in C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Barbecue\-Scott_Y (January 15, 2013, 10:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Very strange as there is no code in Barbecue to write to that folder.  I will assume Windows 7 is doing something behind the scenes that causes this to happen.

I then copied barbecue.exe and meters.xml to a folder on my data partition. It ran correctly, including opening the data file. So that works fine, but contrary to how Win7 expects it to be done.-Scott_Y (January 15, 2013, 10:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Is that solution acceptable to you?  From what I know, Windows 7 expects an application to write its files to a C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\<AppName> folder.  However, all my programs are coded to write its files to the same folder where you have the EXE file (for easier portability).

Wishes for 1.0.4:
1. Provide a way to remove use of a due date. Currently, once a due date has been entered, there is no way to revert to showing no date, short of editing meters.xml.
2. Clicking on the pencil icon for a meter will go to the Meters tab. Currently, it goes to the last open tab -- including the Options tab.-Scott_Y (January 15, 2013, 10:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Can do.   :)

Scott_Y:
Is that solution acceptable to you?-skwire (January 15, 2013, 10:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, that's great now that I know what to do. Thanks!

Scott_Y:
   + Meters window should remember its position now.-skwire (January 15, 2013, 02:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

The configuration window remembers its position, but the meters window always reopens in the upper left corner of the screen.

EDIT: The configuration window remembers its position only during the current session. It forgets once the program has been closed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version