ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA:Auto-boot Up computer after power outage?

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
skrommel post!!!

by that i mean "yippee!! skrommel has posted to the thread!".. which officially makes this thread special :)

ps. skrommel your avatar image is messed up.

p5chin:
HI all,

Thanks for all of you for your inputs especially skrommel.!!!!!!

Found a solution to my problem by digging BIOS:

In the BIOS (all latest MOBOs have this, I think..) there is Advanced Power Management (APM) there is option like this:

Restore from AC power loss  [always off | always on | last state]

I set this to always on, saved config, pulled the AC plug, and replugged it the PC booted directly..without having to push the power-on button in the case.

If someone wants to have to look at the BIOS, i uploaded the BIOS page here:

http://img19.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=53236_APM_config-M3A78_122_872lo.jpg

I will use this till I find  elegant way..that is: PC powers down or hibernates when PC runs on APC battery-->UPS powers off --> system power up when AC power restored.

-p5chin

p5chin:
I will use this till I find  elegant way..that is: PC powers down or hibernates when PC runs on APC battery-->UPS powers off --> system power up when AC power restored.
--- End quote ---

I m planning to get a APC BACK-UPS ES 650VA INDIA !! which is $65 (Rs.3300) including tax:

http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BE650Y-IN&tab=models

Missed this while trying to get through computer market here, coz...the stores dont get good profit margin with APC guys here --> so they dont even mention it --> even when asked about this specific model they say 'not available' or 'cant be purchased here'---> so got a dealer name from chat support and then a retailer name from him.
many other local branded UPS are getting 'pushed' to customers here... which I am wary ...about..their quality (dies just after a year).
My friend's 3month old APC-UPS died (which is very rare in APC)..it was replaced the next day evening!
So Finally...zeroed in on a good APC-UPS!!
--This combined with BIOS setting should iron the glitch: harddrive getting hit when AC power from UPS is cut off without proper shut down

f0dder:
What's wrong with using "restore power on AC power loss", if that option does resume after a clean shutdown?

p5chin:
What's wrong with using "restore power on AC power loss", if that option does resume after a clean shutdown?
-f0dder (April 14, 2009, 08:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, No problems with that!! But When I am not beside my computer & when power goes down & when existing UPS battery backup times out...computer will just power off (this is not proper shutdown)....so It is better to get a UPS which can initiate shtdown in pc via USB!
- this is why I m planning to sell my existing UPS n get a new APC UPS with usb n software to control MY comp!!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version