ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: MouseLocater - automatic highlight cursor when mouse is moved again

<< < (2/4) > >>

rpnfan:
Josh and Phil,

thanks for the posts, but as I explained in my original posting I know both solutions you mentioned, but I'm looking for an automatic solution. Also the windows function will conflict with some autohotkeys I've defined.

I tried to write my own script, but was not successful. I find Autohotkey in some way easy to learn and on the other side there are some places where it's not consistent (%varname% for example).

Dormouse:
Of course, you can use CircleDock to do this too. Again, it is a hotkey solution - but I set an otherwise redundant mouse button to exercise the hotkey and it then brings up the CircleDock. Very effective for operating CircleDock. To just locate the mouse though, it would take 2 clicks (one to bring it up and one to send it away)..

MilesAhead:
Josh and Phil,

thanks for the posts, but as I explained in my original posting I know both solutions you mentioned, but I'm looking for an automatic solution. Also the windows function will conflict with some autohotkeys I've defined.

I tried to write my own script, but was not successful. I find Autohotkey in some way easy to learn and on the other side there are some places where it's not consistent (%varname% for example).
-rpnfan (April 07, 2009, 12:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

You may want to try it in AutoIt3

The syntax is easier and very close to Basic.  It has For While and Do loops and Select Case like basic.  Strings are double quoted and concatenated using the '&' operator.  It has combined operators like C++.  Variables are denoted with a dollar sign as first character.

$myName = "Miles"
$myName &= "Ahead" ; concatenation with assignment of result

The user defined library included has Timer functions and you can set handlers for Windows Messages, such as WM_MOUSEMOVE

You can use the Tooltip() function to show a ballon tip with optional icon at x,y coords, so it's easy to put it at the mouse cursor position.

Also if you download the Scite package it has Compile With Options so you can use custom icons for your executable and the Scite editor has syntax checking and automatic indenting with Tidy.  Also intelli-sense shows keywords and built in functions as you type.

I know what you mean about AutoHotKey.  You can do a lot in a few lines but sometimes I'd never be able to get a MsgBox to work if I didn't use the tool that creates it for me.  Mainly the frustration is wrapped around the fact that strings aren't usually double quoted. Every time I want to put a message that happens to have a keyword in it I feel like the thing is going to try to fire a function or something.  But it's learning curve.  :-\

wr975:

Yes, yes, yes... AutoIt is better. No doubt. But instead of explaining a working script would've been fine.  :P

Anway, here's a quick and dirty Autohotkey Script using the freeware utility Sonar5.exe found at http://www.fxc.btinternet.co.uk. See attachment for script + Sonar5.exe.

If reactivated after no user input for 60 seconds, it'll show a mouse sonar for 5 seconds. (Lines 8 and 9). Feel free to enhance the script (like sonar only if mouse movement for 2 seconds, and so on. Anything is possible.).

Spoiler;#NoTrayIcon
#persistent
#SingleInstance ignore

; in seconds

idle_seconds = 60
show_sonar = 5

; no more changes
; ----

SetTimer, Idle , 1000
Return

idle:
IfGreater, A_TimeIdle, %idle_seconds%000
{
   SetTimer, Idle, Off
   SetTimer, Active, 250
}
return

active:
If A_TimeIdle < 250
{
   settimer,active,off
   Run,sonar5.exe,,hide
   sleep,%show_sonar%000
   process,close,sonar5.exe
   settimer,idle
}
Return

kip:
Just try running Sonar5 and use CTRL-ALT+S to show/hide the sonar ring/square, it then hides in the system tray

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version