ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Keyxoard Layouts

<< < (2/2)

Perry Mowbray:
Thanks for the heads up Jenny: this is my 2nd day cold turkey with Colemak  :D

I was going DVORAK, but the Coleman site is very persuasive, especially the bit about going QWERTY->COLEMAN was easier than QWERTY->DVORAK->COLEMAN

tinjaw:
I ordered some inexpensive good quality keyboard stickers from (http://www.4keyboard.com/colemak-keyboard-sticker-p-234.html) and I now have a colemak keyboard. I had a laptop-style keyboard that was loosing its letters so I blackened them out with a marker. Now all I need to do is get up the gumption to start learning to type with it.

[attach=#1][/attach]

Perry Mowbray:
Now all I need to do is get up the gumption to start learning to type with it.
 (see attachment in previous post)
-tinjaw (August 15, 2009, 03:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hey that's great to hear!!

I actually found it pretty easy. My main problem was that my fingers habitually went to the wrong keys.

I'm not sure what my speed is up to, as I have not done the tests in a while: but it was no where near as hard as I thought it would be! QWERTY seems very odd to me now, so I think that must mean that the cross-over is complete?

I just realized that that graphic was your keyboard!! Looks great! Well done: I'd be interested to hear how they wear...

mouser:
I just realized that that graphic was your keyboard!! Looks great! Well done: I'd be interested to hear how they wear...
--- End quote ---
me too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version