ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Keyxoard Layouts

(1/2) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
After getting an ergonomic keyboard and mouse  :-*, I thought that I'd go the whole hog and retrain my fingers from QWERTY to DVORAK.

I wondered how many others had done something similar?

Perry Mowbray:
DVORAK... from now on  ;)

JennyB:
I used Dvorak for some years, but became frustrated because so many common control key codes are in odd places. then, when I had to alternate between DVORAK and QWERTY layouts, I slowed right down. Now I'm back to using a single keyboard, I use the Colemak layout, and am very happy with it. It's a l'ot easier to learn if you already touch-type in Qwerty, and the Z,X,C,V keys are in the same place  :) As far as I can tell its just as fast as Dvorak for lengthy text input, and even more comfortable because there is less work for the little fingers!  :-* 

Perry Mowbray:
Do you use the PKL to map your keys (I mean when you were running two keyboards)?

JennyB:
Do you use the PKL to map your keys (I mean when you were running two keyboards)?
-Perry Mowbray (April 05, 2009, 02:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, unfortunately the second use was at college, where such things are frowned on.  >:( :down:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version