ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Some DC forum-related Greasemonkey Scripts

(1/2) > >>

ewemoa:
I've put together a page with links to some DC forum-related Greasemonkey scripts.

At the moment, what's available is:

* Script to change color of dates in certain DC forum posts and topics by age
* Script to ease opening of unread DC forum topics in tabs
The former script requires that the date format for your user is set up to be of the form YYYY-MM-DD -- if people are interested in other formats being supported, please mention the formats and I will at least give them some consideration.  Also, it doesn't work for all pages that list topics -- if there's some page that isn't which you'd like, please give me a sample URL and I'll consider investigating feasibility.

The latter script is what I've started using to make viewing unread topics a little easier -- after installation some menu items are added to the Greasemonkey "User Script Commands" submenu.  Some items are for opening some number of unread topics in tabs while one is for opening just the unread topics which have their checkboxen checked.  I haven't gotten the accelerator key functionality working locally for some reason...

For sanity's sake, the script will ask for confirmation if it is asked to open more than 3 tabs at once -- and the tab opening should now be staggered by 1 second each.  The original page listing the unread topics should also get reloaded 1 second after the last tab is opened.

mouser:
cool -- thanks for sharing!  :up:

housetier:
Oi! This is great!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

ewemoa:
Thanks for the feedback, mouser and houstier :)

Hope the scripts turn out to be useful -- perhaps some portions can evolve into an FF extension some day...

BTW, I just uploaded an updated version of the opening unread in tabs script.  The description in the OP has been updated accordingly -- the main changes have to do with confirming when more than 3 tabs are requested to be opened at once, spreading out the opening of the tabs over time (kindness toward client and server), and reloading of the page with the unread topics listing.

4wd:
I've put together a page with links to some DC forum-related Greasemonkey scripts.

At the moment, what's available is:

* Script to change color of dates in certain DC forum posts and topics by age-ewemoa (April 04, 2009, 03:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

For some reason the above script only partially works here.  It's my understanding that it should work across all the forum lists but for some reason it seems to only work for the examples you have within the script and for topic replies.

For example:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?board=2.3640          All topic dates are black as per image.

If I choose a topic:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2063.0           The replies get the age coloured dates as they should.

It seems obvious to me that this is all mouser's fault1, it's his forum  :P

EDIT: OK, it says "certain" DC forum posts/replies - what exactly does that mean?

Disclaimer: If it turns out to be my computer, then it's still mouser's fault - his forum did something to it!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version