ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Tutorial creation help from folks using CD on 64bit Platforms

<< < (2/2)

X_FiLeS:
My suggestion to that would after you have dragged the shortcut to CD all you have to then is delete the shortcut on the desktop, because you don’t need them once they are on CD.

sgtevmckay:
If this has been working for you under Windows seven, then this is something of note.  :huh:

In XP and Vista, if you make a link to a shortcut, and then delete the shortcut you linked to, then in CD you get a ? mark, or worse the link is gone altogether.

Essentially it would break the chain after deleteing from the desktop.

I am curious if this does work, and what method you utilize to build your CD shortcut links.
Maybe it is something we are doing wrong, that you are doing right, that allows you o delete the desktop shortcut when you have esteblished the CD link?

If you are willing I would appreciate some quick notes on how you are building your links to non primary drives  :)

X_FiLeS:
As an Example: what I do is I go to start  > All Programs >  Flashget / then I find Flashget exe and right click and drag it onto my desktop and then it opens a dialog box and I click Create Shortcut and the shortcut is on my desktop, then I drag the Shortcut to CD, and delete it from my Desktop, and it works 100%.

X_FiLeS:
Hi sgtevmckay, try this, go to all programs go to say MS Office right click Word drag it to your desktop and click on create shortcut here, now drag it to CD and delete from your desktop and you will see that the Word is still on CD and if you click on it you will see word open, when you drag the icon from the desktop it will link to the word.exe in c:/Microsoft Office Directory and not the shortcut link on your Desktop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version