ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Very, very easy request: Show what key is pressed

(1/3) > >>

Coeluh:
I want to know what code a certain media key on my keyboard sents to my pc. I just want something what says which key is pressed. That's all. Scancode is fine aswel.

gexecuter:
I think Skrommer had made a little app that when run showed what keyboard keys were being pressed, it was called ShowOff. It may be what you are looking for.

mouser:
I almost suggested ShowOff myself -- which is a cool program meant to show on screen in a nice big font the key being pressed, and was designed for making screenscast video recordings.. It's a very useful tool for such purposes.

BUT, i think what Coeluh is asking for (correct me if wrong!) is something to help him figure out what the hotkeys or keyboard scancodes are for certain keys, so that he can use these codes in another program.

gexecuter:
I almost suggested ShowOff myself -- which is a cool program meant to show on screen in a nice big font the key being pressed, and was designed for making screenscast video recordings.. It's a very useful tool for such purposes.

BUT, i think what Coeluh is asking for (correct me if wrong!) is something to help him figure out what the hotkeys or keyboard scancodes are for certain keys, so that he can use these codes in another program.
-mouser (April 02, 2009, 04:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, if that's the case i dunno which app to recommend.

tranglos:
I want to know what code a certain media key on my keyboard sents to my pc. I just want something what says which key is pressed. That's all. Scancode is fine aswel.
-Coeluh (April 02, 2009, 03:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

try this:
http://www.tranglos.com/keytest.zip

(Really bare-bones, tested only on XP.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version