ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CHS runs, but doesn't work

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
can you bring up the options from the right click tray menu?
if you exit CHS and restart it, can you then?

is it possible that you changed monitor resolutions and that the dialog is off screen?

donationcoder092807:
No change in monitor resolution.

Although the application appears to be running, nothing is accessible, either from formerly-working keyboard shortcuts or by way of the tray icon.  These points are true from either from CHS following Windows startup or from re-launches long after a Windows startup.

mouser:
does the menu even show when you right click?

donationcoder092807:
No.  Nothing is shown or happens upon clicking, right-, left-, single-, or double-.  Mouse-over of the tray icon does cause the pop-up display of "Left-click for..., Right-click for... ."  CPU and memory usage vary little if the application is left open for an extended period, or if I try various clicks on the tray icon.

mouser:
could you try this for me:

* Exit CHS
* Find the ClipboardHelpAndSpell\Database\ directory -- i think it will be in your MyDocuments\DonationCoder directory
* Make a new subdirectory there, call it Bak1\ or something
* Move all the files from the Database\ subdirectory into Bak1\
* Now the next time CHS starts up it should try to create new database files (i wanted you to back them up instead of deleting them in case this is the problem we can try to recover them).
* Now restart CHS -- see if the problem is the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version