ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

TIFF file size question

(1/1)

larshgf:
Hi,

Just downloaded Screenshot Captor for a try. My screen is 1280 x 800 pixels. I want to capture a picture from Google Map. In the preference I use colot depth 8 bit. I save the capture as a TIFF file. How can it be that when doing that I only have filesizes about 130-210 (they vary)?? I would expect the files to be much bigger given the fact that they are (loseless) TIFF-files?
If I load such a TIFF-file made by Screenshot Captor int Photoshop and save it as a TIFF-file it gets a size arounf 3 MBytes!
Can somebody clarify this issue for me?

Thanks a lot
Lars

tomos:
I can only speculate -
possibly that when you save it in photoshop it has a different colour depth or a different compression (TIFF has - or can have - lossless compression)

larshgf:
To be honest I do not think that Screenshot Captor really saves the files as TIFF-files. Some program-error?
When Isave in Photoshop it's with color depth = 8 bits..

tomos:
there's something funny going on all right

my full screen shots are about 3MB
They are same size whether 8 Bit or True Colour - actually I dont think that's funny - just that your "TIFF's" are so small ...

My ancient Photoshop 5.5 cant open the 8 Bit or the larger true colour TIFs which surprises me cause I usually work with TIF scans from various sources and have no problems :tellme: maybe I just need to reboot ..

Photofiltre has no problem with either
both programmes can save a much smaller TIFF version than S.C. (in Pshop if LZW compression is selected, in P'filtre via default save)

EDIT/btw:
 the problem with opening the tiff seems to be with the system here somehow (now having problems with other tiffs with another programme)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version