topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 2:50 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Automatic text flipper (180 degree) aka upside down  (Read 8561 times)

[email protected]

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Automatic text flipper (180 degree) aka upside down
« on: April 01, 2009, 03:09 PM »
Heya guys, YouTube kinda inspired me of this idea! It's very annoying to read upside down! I KNOW! But can some1 build a small program for me?? .exe or something.

What this program does and contains:

-Automatically flip text upside down (Convert AUTOMATIC! So you dont need to paste the original text and then convert it,then paste it like the internet sites.)
-In the .exe a "Start" button and a "Stop" button
-When you click "Start" and you type something it automatically flips upside down. No matter where you write the text. EVERYWHERE! So MSN, Notepad, Word, just everything! Even if the text editor doesnt support these "special" characters.

Example:

I start the .exe then I click Start
I can write everywhere upside down because it automatically converts the text upside down in my textbox.
Yay! Now I can annoy people! Now the fun is over and I click Stop and can type normal again :D

THX guys :D

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Automatic text flipper (180 degree) aka upside down
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 03:30 PM »
why are people starting to use email addresses as their whachamacallit name-tag? (that's the second new participant I've seen with an email address in the last week)

apologies for going directly off-topic but I have a paranoid streak ;)
Tom

nite_monkey

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Just Plain Super
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 08:47 AM »
why are people starting to use email addresses as their whachamacallit name-tag? (that's the second new participant I've seen with an email address in the last week)

apologies for going directly off-topic but I have a paranoid streak ;)
lol, forget about answering the question, lets point out other stuff... I've noticed that also. No clue why ppl do that.

Heya guys, YouTube kinda inspired me of this idea! It's very annoying to read upside down! I KNOW! But can some1 build a small program for me?? .exe or something.

What this program does and contains:

-Automatically flip text upside down (Convert AUTOMATIC! So you dont need to paste the original text and then convert it,then paste it like the internet sites.)
-In the .exe a "Start" button and a "Stop" button
-When you click "Start" and you type something it automatically flips upside down. No matter where you write the text. EVERYWHERE! So MSN, Notepad, Word, just everything! Even if the text editor doesnt support these "special" characters.

Example:

I start the .exe then I click Start
I can write everywhere upside down because it automatically converts the text upside down in my textbox.
Yay! Now I can annoy people! Now the fun is over and I click Stop and can type normal again :D

THX guys :D

I only know how to code in AHK, but I wouldn't think that would be possible to do. You would most likely just have to copy and paste it manually into one of the online converters, and then paste it where ever you wanted it upside down.
[Insert really cool signature here]

r0bertdenir0

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 11:09 AM »
If you're saying wat I think you're saying it's not possible to just flip text - if I had 2 guess I'd say you have 2 hack the system files like gdi32 & intercept all programs trying 2 draw text.
You want 2 do this as a novelty or just 2 see if you can get used 2 reading text upside down?
That wud be good exercise I think - like da vinci used 2 write like a mirror reflection.
If you just want the brain exercise so you don't get alzheimers later, check if yr graphics driver supports flipping the whole screen!
Most do - I know the intel drivers do.

If you just want text flipped, my advice is 2 find an upside-down font (google) or create yr own if you can't find 1.
The you can ask 4 an AHK script that will toggle yr system font between normal & yr new font.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 03:24 PM »
Came across this by accident
(I know, not what the OP looking for . .)
For April Fools day, Youtube enabled you to view any page and video, totally upside down.

Pretty cute and clever, so I unapologetically stole their code and re-appropriated it as a jQuery plugin. As you can see, I have very valuable time. :-p
http://paulirish.com...-down-jquery-plugin/
Tom

tsaint

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Hi from the a*** end of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 05:46 PM »
If you were satisfied with a 90 or 270 degree rotation instead of 180 degrees (ie portrait <-> landscape) you could try EEErotate
Although made for eeePCs it works fine on my dell. It uses ctrl-alt-arrow keys