topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:24 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - URL SNOOPER - v2.41.01 - Mar 24, 2017  (Read 174057 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
URL Snooper is a program written to help users locate the urls of audio and video files so that they can be recorded.

Many links to streaming audio and video that you come across on the web are hidden behind javascript or activex scripts. Because of this, it is sometimes very difficult to figure out the actual urls that correspond to the streams being played. URL Snooper provides easy solution to finding the URLs for all streams by by watching network traffic and identifying potential urls, especially streaming media urls.

Web page:

2.41.01 - Mar 24, 2017
  • [MajorFeature] First High-dpi compatible version beta.
  • [Bugfix] Minor UI bugfixes.
  • [Improvement] Better mouseover hints for General Options.
  • [MinorFeature] New option to not clean/truncate displayed urls.

2.39.01 - Nov 6, 2015
  • [BugFix] Custom application links could sometimes drop surrounding quotes (thanks Quaraxkad).

2.38.01 - Apr 28, 2015
  • [Feature] New option to start sniffing immediately when program is started, even in advanced mode.
  • [BugFix/Feature] New option to better handle the "Also Find" text.  In previous versions a url would be excluded if it did not match url filter type (multimedia vs all), even if it contained an Also Find keyword.  You now have an option (enabled by default) to always include results that match the Also Find keyword, even if it does not match the url filter type.  This is most useful when restricting search for multimedia urls but also anything containing the keyword.  Tip: Use ; character to separate multiple keywords.

v2.37.01 - Dec 31, 2014
  • [Feature] Added new option to capture a few packets subsequent to any triggered capture, to help see what information came after the triggered capture.
  • [Feature] Larger block of data is saved around found urls.
  • [MinorFeature] Ctrl+A to select all urls in view.
  • [MinorFeature] Added quick forum link to help menu.
  • [MinorChange] Removed "minimize-to-tray" captionbar button.
  • [BugFix] Mixed rare mystery exception crash on sniffing.
  • [BugFix] Removed rare error report of "too small packetmem"
  • [BugFix] File search dialog was malformed; program hung if you didn't specify files to search for.

2.36.01 - Sep 17, 2014
  • [Feature] New option to filter results so that they MUST contain certain keywords.
  • [MinorFeature] Ctrl+C in result list now copies selected url(s) to clipboard.

2.35.01 - July 14, 2014
  • [MinorFeature] New export option to export all columns of result table
  • [MinorFeature] You can now control whether new packets are automatically shown live in packet viewer; selecting a result in grid automatically turns off live packet display so that you can view the selected packet without pausing.

2.34.01 - May 19, 2014
  • [BugFix] Some adapters were shown with same name in adapter list -- adapters are now shown with more descriptive names.
  • [BugFix] UrlSnooper was failing to sniff from some adapters (when those adapters were shown with identical generic names in list).

2.33.01 - Nov 28, 2013
  • [MinorChange] Better formatting for timestamp column.
  • [Feature] When scanning files (instead of network traffic), the filename is now shown in SourceIP column.
  • [WinPcap] Now distributed with WinPcap v.4.13
  • [Feature] Option to check for updates at startup.

OLDER VERSIONS:

NOTE: You can download French+German+Chinese+Hungarian translations files from the web page (and translator kit is on program page for others who want to add translations).

2.32.01 - Feb 4, 2013
  • [Feature] RTMP multimedia links were not shown when multimedia protocol filter was enabled.
  • [MinorChange] Improved text labels for search filters.
  • [MinorChange] Changed auto network adapter test url and search string
  • [BugFix] An error about "Scrollbar property out of range" could be generated when resizing raw packet view panel.
  • [BugFix] Parentheses in urls were truncating urls at that point.
  • [Feature] View Live Packets option is now on main window and easily toggles live packet panel (size is remembered)
  • [Feature] Added datetime column to url grid.
  • [Documentation] Updated documentation with some links to a few popular downloader tools.
  • [Feature] Portable zip now uses ConfigDir_Default.ini which is overridden by the presence of a ConfigDir.ini file, so users unpacking the contents won't overwrite any custom ConfigDir.ini  they may have.
  • [Feature] Now using a dual package (installer and portable zip), with portable zip preconfigured for portable use; installer and executable are now signed.

2.30.01 - Nov 4, 2011
  • [BugFix] Finally fixed "Index out of Range" error that some people were getting.
  • [Minor Feature] Improved built-in update check option.

Version 2.29.01 - Feb 15, 2011
  • [MinorFeature] Updated with latest version of WinPCap (4.1.2)

Version 2.28.01 - May 4, 2010
  • [MinorFeature] You can now use \| in your favorites files to specify saved search parameters with | in them.

Version 2.27.01 - April 24, 2010
  • [MinorFeature] You can now save protocol/keywords/alsotext in your favorites menu items.
  • [MinorFeature] Added menu command to reload favorites data.
  • [MinorFeature] Added rtmp and related protocols to known multimedia protocols.

Version 2.26.01 - December 13, 2009
  • [BugFix] Improved detection of network adapters -- was failing to list all available adapters on some people's computers.  Thanks to ixxo and everyone else on dc forum who reported and helped test (see here for the thread).

Version 2.25.01 - October 29, 2009
  • Updated with latest version of WinPCap (4.1.1) - Now supports Windows 7
  • [BugFix] The error about index out of range when network adapters have changed on restart should be fixed.
  • [BugFix] Settings file was still being saved in application directory even on Win Vista/7; new version respects configdir.ini and portable settings, as well as storing working files in user documents directory by default on Win Vista/7.

Version 2.23.01 - March 14, 2009
  • Updated with latest version of WinPCap (4.1beta5).
  • Improved wording of automatic network adapter detection failure message.
  • Improved packet reconstruction should reduce chance of packets being split in the middle.
  • [BugFix] Urls incorrectly shown as from http://0.0.0.0 fixed.
  • Added SourceIP column.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 04:56 AM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - URL SNOOPER - v2.18.01, FEB 7th, 2006
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 03:13 PM »
New version posted with latest WinPCap and updates for VISTA and IE7 compatibility.

Brian49

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 04:22 AM »
Please clarify a couple of things:

(1) Is this a beta (as it says on the homepage, but not here), or a stable release?

(2) Is there any benefit for non-Vista users in installing this over 2.14.02?

Many thanks.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 04:24 AM by Brian49 »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 12:01 PM »
If urlsnooper is working fine for you already with version 2.14.02 then there is no real reason to update.

[
Technically this is a beta; depending on how confident I am about a beta release i will sometimes put on the web page a link to the Latest (beta) and Previous (stable) versions, OR i might but a link to Latest Stable and More Recent Beta. Sorry for any confusion - in almost all cases i would recommend people use the latest beta versions.  For non-mission-critical software there isn't much reason not to use the betas.
]

Rekrul

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 09:17 PM »
Program Web Page and Download: https://www.donation...rlsnooper/index.html

Version 2.18.01 - Feb. 4th, 2007
  • Updated installer to use WinPcap 4.0 final on WinXp/Nt/Vista
  • Added code so installer uses WinPcap 4beta2 on Win9x/Me (last version to support these versions)

Version 2.18.01 still doesn't work under Windows 98SE! It runs fine the FIRST time you run it after installing, but it will NOT work a second time. All I get is a standard Windows error message saying it's performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 10:11 PM »
It runs fine the FIRST time you run it after installing, but it will NOT work a second time. All I get is a standard Windows error message saying it's performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.

ok i've finally been able to reproduce this.. i'm working on it now..

Rekrul

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 03:58 AM »
ok i've finally been able to reproduce this.. i'm working on it now..

Thank you!  :)

tinyvillager

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I downloaded from the beta link and got v2.17.01,it has the winpcap 4 final,but everything else is "retro",icons,
like when i minimize i'm getting the old dog icon as appose to the bulls-eye icon. 

OverlySubtle

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
save yourself from yourself
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 04:28 AM »

Version 2.18.01 still doesn't work under Windows 98SE

why are you still using 98 and expecting to use new software???   :huh:  I don't suggest tormenting yourself with Vista, but XP or 2000 are still fantastically better choices.

Cpilot

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Bite Notes
    • Donate to Member

Version 2.18.01 still doesn't work under Windows 98SE

why are you still using 98 and expecting to use new software???   :huh:  I don't suggest tormenting yourself with Vista, but XP or 2000 are still fantastically better choices.

-OverlySubtle (April 19, 2007, 04:28 AM)
Gotta agree here.
The time is coming very soon where people writing software will no longer care to be bothered with trying to support it.

Rekrul

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 10:32 AM »
why are you still using 98 and expecting to use new software???   :huh:  I don't suggest tormenting yourself with Vista, but XP or 2000 are still fantastically better choices.
-OverlySubtle (April 19, 2007, 04:28 AM)

Here's a question that I've asked many times, but which I have yet to recieve a real answer to;

What specific function of the 2K/NT/XP Windows line will new versions need to rely on that will cause them not to function uner 98?

Gotta agree here.
The time is coming very soon where people writing software will no longer care to be bothered with trying to support it.

The same thing is probably going to happen to XP users in the very near future. MS has announced that DirectX 10 will be for Vista only. Of course, companies are free to continue supporting older versions, but typically, any new program that relies on DirectX, requires the absolute latest one. With a couple exceptions, every game released in the last 2-3 years has required DirectX 9c.

Cpilot

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Bite Notes
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 11:22 AM »
For one thing the windows API changes, I know for a fact that there are API functions that will not work on anything less than Windows 2000.
Right off the top of my head SetLayeredWindowAttributes is one.
As far as the support for WinXP, when it's time to upgrade then that's what I'll do.
But if I were still using it a decade from now I'll hardly expect anyone to continue to support it.

Rekrul

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 11:03 PM »
For one thing the windows API changes, I know for a fact that there are API functions that will not work on anything less than Windows 2000.

And transparent windows are required for the proper functioning of a program how?

As far as the support for WinXP, when it's time to upgrade then that's what I'll do.
But if I were still using it a decade from now I'll hardly expect anyone to continue to support it.

New versions of Windows are driven by;

5% Desire to make a better OS

95% Desire to get people to buy a new OS

It used to be that the OS existed to be able to run software. When did the OS itself become the star of the show with everything else taking a backseat?

Cpilot

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Bite Notes
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 11:19 PM »

And transparent windows are required for the proper functioning of a program how?

New versions of Windows are driven by;

5% Desire to make a better OS

95% Desire to get people to buy a new OS

It used to be that the OS existed to be able to run software. When did the OS itself become the star of the show with everything else taking a backseat?

Oh good your taking one example and think it vindicates your point.  ::)
If I want to create an app that uses transparency then it will function only on the OS's that support it.
It's that simple, no use in whining about it.

Personally I don't care one whit what OS you have, but I do know I won't bend over backwards to make anything I write compatable with Win98. It either works or it don't.
If someone feels they don't want to upgrade that's fine, but they shouldn't feel entitled to drag everyone else down with them.

Rekrul

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 03:41 AM »
Oh good your taking one example and think it vindicates your point.  ::)
If I want to create an app that uses transparency then it will function only on the OS's that support it.
It's that simple, no use in whining about it.

So give me an example of some feature that Windows 2K/NT/XP has, but which Windows 98 doesn't, which is actually required for a program to function, and which isn't just some novelty piece of eye candy. And by "required" I mean something that is integral to the functionality of the program and which would be completely impractical to emulate on 98.

brg

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This program only works for the first time........
but second and until now  .....didn't work anymore

Rekrul

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This program only works for the first time........
but second and until now  .....didn't work anymore

This was reported months ago.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
it's a windows98 issue only, a few fixes have been posted recently.. i'm sorry for not releasing an update yet with fixes incorporated -- i will try to get it released asap. until then, see workaround here: https://www.donation...63.msg62642#msg62642

tinyvillager

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hmm,i'm still getting v2.17.01

You sure you put 2.18.01 up,mouser ?

brar_balli

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
can anyone solve my problem :( :( :(i downloaded url snooperbeta version on my new computer which is using vista.by mistake i put the wrong product key 1st time while instalation.now prog. is not working whenever i open it it says you have to open appropriate network adapter from option although there is no network adaptor which i can select.plz tell me what shoud i do? i try to download url snooper again & again but same problem :( :( :( :(

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If there is no adapter that matches your network, it has nothing to do with the license key (we wouldn't do a tricky thing like that!).

It may have to do with the winpcap driver not supporting your network adapter; one thing to try is to visit the winpcap site and download the latest beta of winpcap and see if that works.

mikron

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I am running XP pro and this program does not work   i run it and it searches for adaptor and then locks up and I cant even get to help to enter my key

mikron

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
hi mikron, i'm sorry you're having this trouble -- i've never heard of the program hanging up like this..

one thing you might try is installing an updated version of winpcap and going into advanced more from the file menu and disabling automatic network adapter detection and setting your adapter manually.

mikron

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for fast reply ...... I have a question maybe you can help me with

does URL SNOOPER - v2.18.01    have any issues with my motherboard

"Nvidia Forceware MCP Networking Adapter driver"

my motherboard is Asus  P5N32-SLI Premium NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI™

Lan specs

- NVIDIA nForce? 590 SLI™ built-in dual Gigabit MAC with external Marvell PHY
- Support NVIDIA DualNet? technology

Url snopper seems to hang and then crash on the above named adapter 

I also did try the latest wincap driver 4.1 beta and still cant get past auto detection

« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 03:24 AM by mikron »

kieslowski

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2007, 03:21 PM »
Hi

This is a great program but I can't get it to work on my new Vista PC. I'm running it as an admin, I've got the XP SP2 compatibility on and... nothing. It seems to run fine (although the auto detect always fails) but when you sniff... nothing. Help please!!

Thanks