ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

When was your last BSOD? I'm betting it was a long time ago

(1/9) > >>

zridling:
I'm thinking Windows is more stable than its reputation? I asked my friend and she said only twice with Vista-SP1, but that both times were when she was using IE. Last time was last week, after IE8 was installed, and then uninstalled for her.

When was your last BSOD?

MrCrispy:
Last night! To be fair it was while trying to install Windows (Windows home server, based on Server 2003) on a new pc I built, and it was due to missing SATA drivers, but it still counts. And I wish Windows had a better bootloader than the prehistoric ntldr that only understands how to load drivers from a floppy that my pc doesn't have, and I didn't have to try and build a slipstream dvd now.

Ok end of rant  :)

And I've never had a BSOD in more than a year of running Vista, and now Windows 7, on my dekstop and laptop.

Darwin:
What’s a BSOD?  :P

tomos:
When was your last BSOD?
-zridling (March 31, 2009, 03:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

about two weeks ago (and reasonably regularly too unfortunately) - problem is with the drivers for graphics or for sound - cant figure which

But with my last computer (with 5 years more or less daily use - sound & graphics were onboard) I cant remember any BSODs - there may have been one or two but not more

(both with XP)

Eóin:
So long ago I couldn't give you a time frame...

I think it's actually a testament to the stability of Windows recently that the much parodied 'classic' BSOD dates back to 9x versions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version