ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Bookmarks, I am frustrated

<< < (7/7)

kartal:
I already have those solutions. What I want is an application that updates itselfs as soon as the content is synced. I use powerfolder to sync my stuff.

I get the feeling that to get what you want you may need two solutions one proggie that "watches" and syncs your folders and a second one like perhaps Offline Explorer Pro or Enterprise to get your content downloaded in it's original format.
-Trilinea (April 02, 2009, 05:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

sri:
kartal: A question to your question as it looks like you have done some research on this.

Do you know if it's possible to have scrapbook save all the content that we 'scrap' online and have it downloaded and synced on another computer automatically? ala Foxmarks for bookmarks.

kartal:
You can put the scrapbook repo on another computer via syncing or using lan folder. Another client can open and read this data without any problem. The main issue I am facing at the moment is that the changes are not reflected in realtime. you need to restart FF to force Scrapbook to reread the content, thus it updates the content.

My solution is using multiple scrapbook repos at the moment. You can define multiple scrapbooksprofiles  in the settings. This way I have one scrapbook for my laptop one for desktop etc. But the nice thing is that any SB client can open any of these SB repos as seperate profiles(assuming they are shared or synced).As long as that is the case I can see the changes done by other SB client done on individual repositories.

Scrapbook is not synching anything, it has no capability to do that. Best method is using dropbox, powerfolder or similar clients to sync your data. If it is your network then put it on a shared folder and access the content that way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version