ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Unicode-based texter program

<< < (2/3) > >>

dcsev:
Hi all
Thanks for the responses. I checked out all the links. Unfortunately, none of them work for my needs. 

Is anyone daring enough to take the source code of Texter and make it unicode-capable so that ANY character can be pasted?

So many people requesting this on the texter lifehacker comments, but no definitive solution :(

I even tried forcing unicode awareness using applocale (in both texter or accents). This didn't work for either

yksyks:
What was the problem with PhraseExpress? It works with your supplied examples, you just have to set the paste method to clipboard and the target application should be Unicode capable, of course. Verified in MS Word 2003 and Outlook 2003, even in the plain text format.

dcsev:
yksyks,
Can you paste the code that you have in the "phrase content" and/or provide specific instructions (line by line) on how you achieved this? I wasn't able to :(

So basically, you're able to type "a1" and it AUTOMATICALLY converts it to "ā"?

Thanks so much! Looks like a pretty powerful program. I hope I can utilize it!

yksyks:
Phrase content:

--- ---{#pasteoptions -method cb}āAutotext:

--- ---a1Prefix and Postfix: Default
No Hotkey set.

I'm using paste method "key-by-key" as a default, hence the first macro in the Phrase content, otherwise it's not necessary. For details see the manual. Please let me know.

So basically, you're able to type "a1" and it AUTOMATICALLY converts it to "ā"?
--- End quote ---
Yes, in my testing phrase typing "a1" and a delimiter produces your desired character. It could be configured not to wait for the delimiter, though, just set Prefix and/or Postfix to "Any".

dcsev:
Hi yksyks,
Thanks for your help so far.

Here's a screenshot:

I don't know where to modify "prefix" and "postfix"? and "key-by-key"

Also, the macro sort-of works, but what I don't want to have to press ANY key to initiate the macro.  Basically, I want to be able to write "xi1ng" and it creates "xīng" without having to press tab, space or any other key.  With the setup so far, I have to press tab twice and then backspace to go back to the word, unless the aforementioned bolded entries make a difference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version