ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

CintaNotes

<< < (3/4) > >>

40hz:
Actually I'm writing here mostly because of the disturbing post of 40hz. I haven't received any reports about any lock-ups up to this point.
@40hz:
Could you please tell how exactly does the program "lock up"? I care a lot for the quality of the program and bugs such as this, in case they are confirmed, are treated with top priority. Thanks a lot!
-Alex.Jenter (April 21, 2009, 10:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Alex! Welcome to DoCo. :Thmbsup:

Thanks for the interest!

I was using whatever release you were on back in December of last year.

I encountered sporadic lockups when scrolling through a long (70+ item) note list. My mouse would freeze and I'd need to kill CintaNotes in TaskManager to get it back. There was no particular pattern to it happening. It would work fine for a while, and then the problem would recur.

Unfortunately, I didn't do a lot of troubleshooting at the time. I could load it up again if it would help you. But since nobody else has reported this problem you may not want to bother. I've had a few other apps that perform clipboard-like functions exhibit similar (but not identical) behaviors.

FYI: I have some fairly odd things (multi-desktop and remote client network monitoring mostly) running in the background on the machine in question. These apps can - and do - cause occasional problems with explorer. So in the absence of any other reports, I'm sure it's an interaction with one of those rather than your app that's causing the problem. Otherwise you'd be hearing about it, right?

:)

Gwen7:

I've tried a few other apps that perform clipboard-like functions exhibit similar (but not identical) behaviors.-40hz (April 22, 2009, 07:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hey 40hz!

I'm using CintaNotes and I love it. No problems at all so far.

I have a few suggestions:

1. From some of the symtoms you've described, I'd be willing to bet your machine is running on an AMD chip that's overclocked. If so, try backing off on it a little bit.

2. If you're not overclocking, try checking your RAM to make sure all the modules are identical (latency, Manufacturer, etc.) Sometimes mixing RAM modules leads to odd behaviors.

3. If you have something called ShedkoBadges  on your machine - get rid of it! It's known to cause all sorts of weird problems due to poor coding.

Good luck!

Alex.Jenter:
Thanks for a warm welcome!  :Thmbsup:

@40hz:
Well I guess then we can consider that the problem does not relate to CintaNotes. If it was on a notebase this small, it would have been reported by now. And anyway, December 2008 is like prehistoric time, CN is now more mature and actually there have been 4 new versions since ;)

I agree with Gwen7 that overclocking can be a source of such behavior, also it could help to check if your CPU is not overheating. Best of luck tracking this down!

@Gwen7: Glad that you like CN! BTW yesterday I've released a stable preview of Beta M9 with tag autocomplete and some other improvements, you might want to take a look here.

Grorgy:
I just tried it and I was wondering if you are aware it doesn't work with stardock's windowblinds?  You can tell WB to ignore it and it works ok. 

CleverCat:
Ooh - thanks for the tip about Windowblinds Grorgy!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version