ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

CintaNotes

<< < (2/4) > >>

cyberdiva:
Probably after seeing it mentioned somewhere in this site (CORRECTION: I saw it first in the Neat Net Tricks newsletter), I downloaded CintaNotes and started to use it.  I soon put it in my Quick Launch bar, and I'm finding it quite useful.  I've tried a bunch of programs for quick and dirty note-taking, including Zotero, list.it,, KeyNote, KeyNote-NF, CollectyCut, and AskSam.  (The last two are commercial programs; the others are freeware.)  I still use AskSam, but mostly for more extensive databases, not for quick note-taking.  I also still use KeyNote-NF, but mostly for notes about one specific project rather than for notes in general.  I kept waiting for CollectyCut to come out with a promised new version that would add needed features lacking in Version 2, but it hasn't happened.  I'm not sure why I never really took to Zotero or list.it, but I simply found that I preferred CintaNotes.  I'm not passionate about it, as I am about some programs, but I do like it better than the others for quick notes.

Jarius Elliott:
Perhaps it's just my unsophisticated needs but I love this program. It is fast, reliable, the capture function is keyboard oriented which is right up my alley and the search function is lightning fast! I have been moving more and more to the simple side of the software landscape which includes more text-based offerings and Cintas does everything I need it to do. The only drawback is that there is only one file. No "Save As" functionality as of yet and I can see a future need for separate files if I do extensive research on various subjects. Oh and I forgot to mention I run it from my USB so I can use it in my workplace. Ongoing development appears to be good and the developers are considering a "Premium" version which I expect will include RTF functionality. Give it a try - no bells or whistles but as a basic information container it is an excellent alternative.

rgdot:
I like it as well, especially the way one can add notes 'silently'

Alex.Jenter:
Hi guys, I'm Alex, the author of CintaNotes. Thanks for giving my program a try, and I'm extremely glad that so many of you have found it useful.
CintaNotes is actively developed, and in case you want to discuss it in detail, or suggest a feature, I welcome you to the official forum on cintanotes.com.

Actually I'm writing here mostly because of the disturbing post of 40hz. I haven't received any reports about any lock-ups up to this point.
@40hz:
Could you please tell how exactly does the program "lock up"? I care a lot for the quality of the program and bugs such as this, in case they are confirmed, are treated with top priority. Thanks a lot!

mouser:
welcome to the site Alex, glad to meet you.  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version