topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 1:36 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Custom Views in Windows Explorer (XP)  (Read 6935 times)

Coeluh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • Family Guy ^^
    • View Profile
    • Jeroen Coelen
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: Custom Views in Windows Explorer (XP)
« on: March 29, 2009, 05:03 AM »

Nevermind my weird language, can't help it, I'm dutch. But wouldn't it be awesome when you could select additional views which can be created and installed as addons? Like you can add some coverflow view, or a special movie view, special picture view? There should be a easy way for creating addons, but it should be powerful enough to create coverflow like things.

AndyM

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Custom Views in Windows Explorer (XP)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 10:20 AM »
wouldn't it be awesome when you could select additional views which can be created and installed as addons?

yes it would!

moreleech

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 11:13 AM »
I always wanted an add-on that counts the number of files that the mouse highlighted
So you don't need to do the slow way where you go to properties, then look at it.

AndyM

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 11:32 AM »
counts the number of files that the mouse highlighted
This info is available in the Windows Explorer status bar at the bottom of the window (if you have it turned on). 

moreleech

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 11:41 AM »
counts the number of files that the mouse highlighted
This info is available in the Windows Explorer status bar at the bottom of the window (if you have it turned on). 

It worked thanks
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 11:44 AM by moreleech »

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 11:53 AM »
In previous versions of Windows, there were special views you could set as the default, such as the picture folder type that had a much better viewer on the sidebar with a bigger thumbnail and could even display animated gifs. It was also possible in Win2k to have a media player in the sidebar for audio/video files.

When XP came along, you lost the ability to have these custom folder templates, and you can no longer edit an existing one or even make your own.

One of the things I really miss from WinME is the pie charts on the sidebar when at the root of a drive. In XP I have to go to My Computer and right click a drive and view the properties to see it. I think having it automatically showing in the Explorer sidebar made me much more aware of how much space I was actually using or had left.

Coeluh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • Family Guy ^^
    • View Profile
    • Jeroen Coelen
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 12:25 PM »
In previous versions of Windows, there were special views you could set as the default, such as the picture folder type that had a much better viewer on the sidebar with a bigger thumbnail and could even display animated gifs. It was also possible in Win2k to have a media player in the sidebar for audio/video files.

When XP came along, you lost the ability to have these custom folder templates, and you can no longer edit an existing one or even make your own.

One of the things I really miss from WinME is the pie charts on the sidebar when at the root of a drive. In XP I have to go to My Computer and right click a drive and view the properties to see it. I think having it automatically showing in the Explorer sidebar made me much more aware of how much space I was actually using or had left.
Well I guess that it could be modified as other software allows you to change themes and icons and stuff.