topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 1:19 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Farr and Rainlendar?  (Read 30789 times)

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Farr and Rainlendar?
« on: March 30, 2009, 02:32 PM »
Hi

Has anyone managed to create aliases for Rainlendar calendar application?  I saw that it has a launchy plugin. It would be great if one could use Farr to do the same thing as well

skajfes

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Farr and Rainlendar?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 03:21 PM »
You can add rainlander events trough -a or --add command switch of rainlendar2.exe but is very limited. It only ads events trough default template and does not allow setting categories and such.

I wrote a plugin some time ago that inserts and displays events directly from ics calendars (which rainlendar uses) which has some more flexibility. But it is beta, and abandoned as i really don't have a need for it anymore. If you are willing to wait I can port it to new c# sdk and get it to somewhat runnable state. Or if anyone wants to mess arround with bad c# code i am willing to post the code.
It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

skajfes

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 07:11 PM »
Well i couldn't sleep....

So here goes... I've managed to get the plugin to a runnable state and it should work with no problem. Just unzip it to plugins folder, and go to options and set the calendars.

By default you type "cal " to input an event, "cal todo" to input a task. Dates and times should be recognized normally. You can view existing events or tasks by typing "cal todos" and "cal events". I am not sure if it works correctly but you can do a "cal sum" with additional dates or categories to get a total time of events for a period of time. You can specify categories with "+category", location with "@location",  calendar with "!calendar" and separate description from summary with "|".

If you take a look in the advanced options window (found in plugin properties) you can see a list of calendars along with their name(this is the name the plugin uses to identify calendars), some keywords and some regular expressions. Set the correct calendar path or you'll get an exception. I think that other fields are self explanatory but here goes, you can set which keywords you want to use for adding a task, viewing a list of tasks and events. You can also set regular expressions for recognising dates and times, calendars, locations, categories etc. Defaults work pretty fine so there no real need to change them unless you know what you are doing.

NOTE:
- first calendar in settings is considered default so if no calendar is specified, that one is used.

EDIT: I found an error. i forgot to put the dll in the package..... so here is the updated package.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 03:39 AM by skajfes »

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 07:14 PM »
Hey thanks I will give it a go. I am guessing that this actually has nothing to do wih rainlendar and it should work with any .ics file?

Edit

Ok after couple initial tests I could not get it to do anything. I have changed the default calendar to "c:\calendar\share.ics" which I use to share within my network. It does neither read nor write to the calendar. I cannot get the list of events or todos. This is a calendar published by Thunderbird and shared among other apps like Thunderbird and Rainlendar on my network. None of those have any issues witht the data in this ics so I assume that the data structure is intact and complies with the standards.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 09:03 PM by kartal »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 08:47 PM »
Rainlendar (note spelling) is here by the way: http://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php

kartal, what other programs make ics files?

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 09:02 PM »
Mouser,

as far as I know

-Thunderbird http://www.mozilla.o...ts/calendar/sunbird/ (active)
-Calimanjaro http://www.calimanjaro.com/ (dead project)
-Calizo http://calizo.sourceforge.net/ (somewhat active)
-Rainlendar http://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php (active)

These do read and write in realtime(or close). They do not just export or import
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 09:05 PM by kartal »

skajfes

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 03:26 AM »
It should work with any .ics calendar. I used Dday library for access to the calendars and they say they comply with standards. You'll find a log in c:\FARRCalendar.txt that should say what's wrong with it. If I am not mistaken, you should get an error that the file is used by another process. I am currently on a different computer and it is not working either for the same reason. I hope to get this fixed as soon as I get home.

By the way, My Phone Explorer works with .ics calendars too (not i realtime though). It is a great way to sync your rainlendar with your SonyEricsson.

EDIT: I found an error. i forgot to put the dll in the package..... so here it is.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 03:38 AM by skajfes »

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 03:19 PM »
Hey that seems to work now. That is really cool! This plugin should be part of Farr release.

If you can simply explain how to format visible data  in Farr window that would be great. I do not have much clue about regex stuff myself.

skajfes

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 04:33 PM »
That is really cool! This plugin should be part of Farr release.

Hey, thanks!

If you can simply explain how to format visible data in Farr window that would be great.
You just put html codes in the strings for caption and group. Caption is bold by default so if you want non bold text you put it between
</b> <b>
This closes the bold tag and opens it again later (kind of like an sql injection, but for html :D). You can also use
<br>
to start a new line etc. Mouser should know more...

I do not have much clue about regex stuff myself.
Regex is used to extract description, dates, times, categories, calendars and locations from the input string. I think there really is no need for changing the regex, but I have put what I feel is simple enough, and thus the option for changing. If you want to play around with it you can use http://gskinner.com/RegExr/ for examining and building regex.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 04:36 PM by skajfes »

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 01:25 PM »
skajfes

When I try to custom override the regex name (cal) it does not work. I am not sure if it is a bug with Farr or bug with your plugin. I do not want to use "cal" I want to use something else because Farr cannot recall my calculator anymore because of name similarity.

nitrix-ud

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 02:01 PM »
same with delicious plugin

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 12:33 PM »
mouser?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 03:03 PM »
ok i'll look into it.

skajfes

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 08:33 AM »
It is the problem with the C# SDK. For some reason the sdk is adding " {0,1}" to whatever keyword is defined in the plugin meaning that the keyword with or without trailing space will trigger the plugin.
Just add a custom keyword with a trailing space in the plugins dialog and you should be just fine.
slika.jpg

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 11:58 PM »
Hi
I am not having any success at all.

skajfes

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 05:16 AM »
I don't get it. I have jscalc with calc as keyboard, and calendar as "cal " defined as keyword (notice the space after cal). When i type calc jscalc activates, when I type cal calendar activates... Maybe i am missing something?

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 10:22 AM »
Well I am not sure but when I type "cal" nothing else comes up that is why I am trying to change the default regex name.

skajfes

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 12:03 PM »
did you add a space after "cal"? this is the most important thing....
can't you change the regex to something completly different? cc, kal, calendar, blabla... ?

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 02:58 PM »
Yes I changed to somethingelse and it is not working for me. When I type"tak" I get nothing

here is a screenshot

skajfes

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 06:29 PM »
I have run some tests and when I override the regex the plugin never gets called. It is initialized on FARR start and all, but that's it, no subsequent calls are made to the plugin. Mouser, any ideas?
In the meantime here's a newer version. I've managed to remove {0,1} from the regex and put a default alias cal which should not interfere with calc plugin.

Yeah, after some further testing I have managed to narrow it down to the c# sdk. The c# layer never checks if the plugin settings like regex are overriden.

EDIT: Overriding the regex should work just fine now.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 06:51 PM by skajfes »

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 06:56 PM »
Hey this works!  Thanks again and sorry for the hassle!

skajfes

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 02:23 AM »
Nah, I am just glad someone is using it :)

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2009, 05:48 PM »
skajfes, your calendar does not work anymore. I am not sure why it is not working. I have gotten couple Farr updates since then. Would there be any issues with latest Farr version(v2.56.02)?

skajfes

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2009, 08:51 AM »
Define "not working"? :D

To be honest, I am not using it so much anymore, but now I have tested it out a bit, and it works almost fine for me with the latest version of FARR. I am not sure why, but it does not display todo list anymore, but everything else works fine.

johnk

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2009, 06:59 PM »
Okay, my first attempt at an alias -- for those who simply want to add an event or task to your default Rainlendar calendar via the command line:

Save the following code as rainlendar.alias to your FindAndRunRobot\AliasGroups\MyCustom folder.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Legacy" ?>
<!-- This file defines aliases for use by the Find and Run Robot program (https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/index.html). -->
<FarrAliasFile>
    <FileFormatVersion>1</FileFormatVersion>
    <AliasSetDescription>Rainlendar command line alias</AliasSetDescription>
    <AliasEntry>
        <AliasText>rld</AliasText>
        <Score>1000</Score>
        <Regex>^rld (.*)</Regex>
        <Results>
            <Result>Rainlendar $$1 | %PROGRAMFILES%\Rainlendar2\Rainlendar2.exe --add=&quot;$$1&quot; </Result>
        </Results>
    </AliasEntry>
</FarrAliasFile>

Then in FARR, simply type rld and the event details (without quotes -- the alias adds the quote marks), e.g. type:

rld meeting tomorrow at 7pm

The alias will add the appointment to your Rainlendar default calendar. Hopefully. Works for me anyway, with the latest version of Rainlendar.

You'll need to change the location of the Rainlendar executable (%PROGRAMFILES%\Rainlendar2\Rainlendar2.exe in the alias) if you did not install Rainlendar to the default folder.