ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Conficker - The Facts

<< < (8/14) > >>

Edvard:
So, it's April 1st...

Anything happening? (no reports in the news yet)

:tellme: :tellme:

mwb1100:
So, it's April 1st...

:tellme: :tellme:
-Edvard (April 01, 2009, 10:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

I heard an ABC News radio report that they put an unprotected machine on Internet, and it got probed and compromised within a few minutes.  To be honest, I'm not sure how different that might be from any other day on the Internet.

I'm sure that having a NAT router between you an the 'net would go a long way toward preventing the problem (though does having UPNP enabled on the router change that? - It came enabled by default on my most recent router.)

mwb1100:
post deleted...

Lashiec:
So, it's April 1st...

-Edvard (April 01, 2009, 10:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, but at some point you can't tell if it's another joke or the real thing. What a date to choose to activate the worm... So far, everything seems all right, did not see any report other than Conficker becoming "self-aware".

What it bothers me is that browsing the Internet today is a major pain in the ass, because everything is loading much slower than it's normal. What's more, I've been trying to download a podcast during the last two hours, achieving some staggering download rates (2 KB per second), and the cablemodem took like 5 minutes to connect to the ISP this morning. I assume the Net is crumbling under the Conficker hammering, or perhaps it's just a particular problem with my provider.

Edvard:
I haven't experienced any noticeable delays, so it must be your ISP.
 :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version