ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Conficker - The Facts

<< < (11/14) > >>

Ehtyar:
You mean you're doubting it will be updated...right? Not sure how you could convince yourself it doesn't exist at all...

Ehtyar.

Shook:
More like, is anything actually going to happen? Because if it really is real, i'm surprised at how well it has hidden itself from the Danish news. As mentioned earlier, they're like a gorilla on a banana when it comes to bad news of such a scale. (I mean, this should at least merit the same level of attention as an airplane crash in USA, considering how widespread it supposedly is)
I guess i'm just a skeptic, but i find it very suspicious when it's set to go off at April 1st, or rather, the end of it.
But before i start sounding offensive, let me rephrase my question: Has anyone here been affected by Conficker yet? I'd like some proof of its existence, as i'm one of those annoying "proof or it didn't happen" kind of guys.

Ehtyar:
I'm not sure I understand exactly what kind of "proof" you need that's not already out there. Are you under the impression that the analysis of Conficker linked in the first post was made up?

Ehtyar.

Shook:
Oh no, absolutely not. It's probably just me being bad at expressing myself. It's just that in my experience, the internet isn't always reliable when it comes to telling true stories. (Though it should be mentioned that DC is the nicest bunch o' people i've met on the internet, by far)
Just disregard my previous questions, doesn't matter anyhow. But thank you for... Uhm... Darn, can't find the words, but thanks. :)

TheQwerty:
Well it looks like it may have started to update to a new variant:
http://blog.trendmicro.com/downadconficker-watch-new-variant-in-the-mix/
https://forums2.symantec.com/t5/Malicious-Code/Downadup-Waledac/ba-p/393454#A260

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version