ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

A DonationCoder job section for DC Coders?

<< < (2/3) > >>

cranioscopical:

i'd just like to be sure about this before we went to the trouble to set up our own system.  since DC is not interested in making any commissions or money from this, we don't really need to be involved in the process in any real way
-mouser (April 07, 2009, 06:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just to state the obvious, you'd need to be really careful in establishing how to avoid becoming embroiled in any disputes that might arise.

mouser:
yep, all the more reason to rely on another job site service and just try to find one that let us create a moderated group on their site.

steeladept:
The problems I see with this right away would be:

* Location often is a very big issue both for the job and the job hunter
* We would need to know what skills are available (specifics, not just "coder") since most jobs look for specific skills
* Ideally, talent seekers (actual employers, not placers) should have unfettered access without actual membership.  It would be nice if they also joined, but it should definitely not be a requirement for them to search for talent.  I know my HR section will go to nearly any FREE source of talent if it is easy enough to search and provides demonstrable results - and the talent pool is large enough to choose from.
Maybe I am just not thinking this through completely since it is only 3:30AM here.  I know they could be handled, many without major issues; but it helps to have a list of points to tackle anyway if for no other reason than to consider for feasibility.

mouser:
This is again why my idea was to use an existing big job site web service, which anyone could visit when looking to hire someone.

The only modification would be that dc would have some control over which job applicants could join the DC group/page of people looking for work, and have a way where DC could add comments about different job applicants.  The point being that if someone was interested in hiring someone who hangs out at DC, they would have a way to do so and at least have some confidence that the person has been around DC for a while, and is known and trusted here with skills that have been demonstrated.  And the hirer would also know that they could come to DC for a bit of help if they have trouble with the person they hire, etc.

steeladept:
On idea may be to create a group on the various social sites.  LinkedIn is geared toward professional-type relationships.  Maybe that would be a good start?  It isn't truly a talent service as envisioned, but it might be a good start?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version